FIRST TIME MANUAL STUFFER ADVICE PLEASE

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Postby Wilf » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:02 pm

Just measured my small one for you hmmm, and it seems yours is bigger, the smallest stuffer tube with the reber stuffers is 15mm, and also the extra tubes Franco sells for the reber mincer is also 15-16mm, perhaps an extra 2mm is too much for the sheeps causing an overstuffing??
Wilf
Registered Member

Postby Rik vonTrense » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:03 pm

Well my new stuffer I thought the tubes were much smaller than the Reber but I have just measured them and the are 17mm,20mm,and 24mm. That is of course the outside diameter and not the internal measurement.

Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Registered Member

Postby welsh wizard » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:14 pm

Hi Wilf

Re sheeps casings, I agree they are not difficult as long as you have the right tube, and I like the breakfast type sausage that is until BBQ weather comes around and then it is out with the big boys - oh god please give us some sun!

Cheers WW
welsh wizard
Registered Member

re-stuffer

Postby Ken Boy » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:01 pm

Hi from **SUNNY SUSSEX**
The LITTLE sausage ideal for BRECKIE THAT WAY YOU GET MORE BACON PLUS BLACK PUD on yer plate :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Ken boy
Ken Boy
Registered Member

Postby hmmm sausages » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:04 am

Rik, let me know how you get on trying sheeps casings on your smallest stuffer, i couldnt get it to work :( im hoping its not just me that cant use them!!
hmmm sausages
Registered Member

Postby Rik vonTrense » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:20 am

Will do.....all I need is some sheeps casings to try them.......

Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Registered Member

Postby markh » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:46 pm

Sheeps casings were the first I used with my Vertical stuffer.

I found at first that they were a bit tight to get on the smallest tube, but when soaked overnight they would fit OK.

Once you get them on, its a dream to stuff them compared to the old moulinex - turn handle (avoiding overhanging cupboards :? ) and perfect sausages come out with no need to even touch the casings at all - I had a round stainless tray (about �1 from Tesco) that the filled skins would just push round as they filled, ending up like a giant Cumberland.

You can get away without bolting the stuffer down if you put it on a wooden base and cover the bottom with 'slip-proof' matting.
Before the Roman came to Rye or out to Severn strode, the rolling English Drunkard made the rolling English road... G.K.Chesterton
markh
Registered Member

Postby hmmm sausages » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:22 am

Right then, when I get my mincer back from being repaired (it broke last time I made some sausages) I'm off to find a new butcher (fell out with mine) and I will soak some casings over night and try again with some sheeps casings.

I might, however, have a try with a good sized batch of Hogs Casings as I have just got a couple of new mixes to try, which sound ideal for bbqs, and its that time of year :D
hmmm sausages
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Equipment & Supplies