Supaphos??

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Supaphos??

Postby deb » Thu May 11, 2006 12:26 pm

I haven't looked on the main site at the available products for ages but had a quick look today. I came accross this stuff

http://www.sausagemaking.org/acatalog/Supaphos.html

does or has anyone use(d) it? Would you recommend it?

Thanks.
Skinny Cooks Can't Be Trusted
deb
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Thu May 11, 2006 1:42 pm

Yes deb, I have used it. It is used in commercial mixes and I must admit that at first I thought it made no descernable difference, but it wasn't until I went back and made a batch without it that I realised that I had a much firmer sausage (excuse me :shock: ). It does help make the cooked sausage softer, more like the commercial types you get in supermarkets. I seem to recall some while ago you were saying you wasn't happy with the texture of your bangers, this might help a bit, along with good mixing. It's only a couple of quid for 100 grams and will do 3 kilos.. used at 30 grams per kilo of MEAT. I find it goes well with the 10% rusk that I use in my sausage mix. It is also supposed to help water retention, but it would depend also on how long you cook them. I am happy with it.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby deb » Fri May 19, 2006 9:04 am

Paul. Really sorry to be rude and not thank you for your reply, don't know how but I missed it.

I will definately give it a go after your comments, you were right I'm after a more commercial texture (sorry all, I'm common as muck).
Skinny Cooks Can't Be Trusted
deb
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies