Red Reber 8kg too big, want to swap?

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Red Reber 8kg too big, want to swap?

Postby comandgedit » Tue May 16, 2006 11:47 am

My beautiful red Reber 8kg sausage stuffer is too big for my purposes, does anyone have a 3kg version or the mini version? that they would like to swap?
Last edited by comandgedit on Mon May 22, 2006 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
comandgedit
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Thu May 18, 2006 10:19 am

I assume it's that one on Ebay, currently at �80. What I don't get is why the same person is bidding against himself and has pushed it from �50 to �80?
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby fatnhappy » Thu May 18, 2006 1:28 pm

saucisson wrote:I assume it's that one on Ebay, currently at �80. What I don't get is why the same person is bidding against himself and has pushed it from �50 to �80?

#1 Some e-bayers are stupid. I've seen Rytek's book go for $60 on e-bay when you could buy it new from Cabelas for $25. I've seen worse acts of stupidity on bullet molds and such.

#2. The buyer is inexperienced. It happens.

#3. The seller is shilling his auction. If I suspect it, I avoid such auctions and sellers like the plague.
fatnhappy
Registered Member

Postby comandgedit » Mon May 22, 2006 10:52 am

Hi all, I can no longer swap ths item as it has been taken by an Ebay bidder. Would have preferred to swap but glad it is going to some one who will get good use out of it.
comandgedit
Registered Member

Postby dougal » Wed May 24, 2006 10:12 pm

saucisson wrote:I assume it's that one on Ebay, currently at �80. What I don't get is why the same person is bidding against himself and has pushed it from �50 to �80?

As of now, the only bids come from the same single bidder.

This won't *normally* push the price of the item up.
And it doesn't indicate that the bidder is daft.

It probably just indicates that it took him 3 goes to reach a level beyond the reserve price. AFAIK that's the *only* way you can bid the price up against yourself - please tell me how it can happen otherwise!

Imagine a situation where there's something I really, really want on eBay.
The high bid is showing �15.
I bid �20.
However, because the previous high bidder had actually bid higher than the �15 needed to go top, it shows me as the high bidder at �19.50
Now, its standing to me, but *any* other bid would beat me.
In this situation, (remember I need this thing), I'd bid higher - even though I am currently top.
Lets say I bid �30.
Its still mine at �19.50 unless someone else bids. My higher bid only comes into play if its needed.
I've just "bid against myself" - but it doesn't raise the current price - *unless* someone else bids. Its not silly or inexperienced.
And they might well bid �23, �26, then �29 trying to 'feel me out'. It'd still go to me, but the Bid History at the end would show 3 bids in sequence from the other guy, who is also not silly or inexperienced. Each time he was outbid by my *earlier* �30 - you have to look at the times as well as the bid amounts to see how the auction actually went.

But here, I think there was a reserve - have they dropped the "Reserve Met" indication?

And perhaps the Reserve being met was what prompted 'comeandgetit' to say that it was sold - even though the auction hasn't ended yet!
dougal
Registered Member

Postby comandgedit » Fri May 26, 2006 9:07 pm

exactly
comandgedit
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies