Hobby stuffer - grrr

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Hobby stuffer - grrr

Postby moggy » Wed May 31, 2006 8:44 am

Just arrived in the post. Yes it looked a nice bit of kit and well made. but why oh why does the manufacturer have to stick a huge label on it that does not remove very easily at all. It is also a paper not plastic label, so there is no option of just leaving it on. Even trying very gently I have managed to put a couple of light scratches on it and yes I was using a solvent as well, it must have taken about half an hour to remove it.
moggy
Registered Member

Postby roseway » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:05 am

I think you're getting yourself in a lather over nothing. :) I've had mine for several weeks now and I barely noticed the label. It goes through the washing-up without any problems. Maybe it will eventually disintegrate and come off, but I don't intend to lose any sleep over it.

Chill, man! 8)

Eric
roseway
Registered Member

Postby Rik vonTrense » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:17 am

Well to be honest I didn't think it was meant to come off and didn't treat it as a label but more of a badge of the marque.

Mine has been cleaned dozens of times and it is still in pristine condition, mind you I do not put it in the dishwasher.

I think if it was meant to come off as a selling label it would have come off much easier than it appears to have done for you.
Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Registered Member

Postby jpj » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:05 am

mine's starting to peel a bit :D
jpj
Registered Member

Postby jenny_haddow » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:59 am

Cant say I notice the label much, but it will probably come off as time and washing up take their toll. As to washing up I don't put mine in the dishwasher either. I made the mistake of putting all the bits to my electric mincer in it when I first got it, and they came out black and powdery. Took hours and many Brillo pads to get them shiny again, and about a year for my hands to recover from the experience!
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Postby mjcoetzee » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:25 pm

Most labels can cleanly be removed by spraying it with Q20... and leaving it for a wile
mjcoetzee
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies