Lidl Equipment

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Postby saucisson » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:41 pm

Dougal,
That other blade sounds interesting, does it say how much it is? Could you post some further details of how to get one? If it would fit my hand cranker I might be interested in getting a spare blade! What diameter is the central hole in the blade you have?. The overall diameter is 170mm I believe?

Thanks,

Dave
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby dougal » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:10 pm

Dave, I haven't enquired yet. I thought I'd see how I got on with the serrated one first!

The blade is retained by a central (plastic) knurled nut. And its driven via 3 pegs, which locate through holes in the blade's hub.
Quite apart from that geometry, the blade isn't a flat disc. Think of a shallow soup bowl with a wide flat lip. There's about a cm between the plane of the drive pegs and retaining nut, and the plane of the blade. I can recognise that such shaping will help stiffen the blade.
The un-serrated blade would have to have the exact same geometry. I'd be astonished if it fitted any other company's product.
If you think its a viable possibility, I'll happily measure it for you.

The Customer Service dept has an 0870 voice number, a Walsall address, and a normal fax number. The email is support.uk@kompernass.com
My slicer is called a "Bifinett KH 150 DIVA"

On Monday, I'll ring and see what the deal on the "special equipment" blade might be ...
dougal
Registered Member

Postby snorkers_good_oh » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:02 pm

I bought the Lidl mincer today and tried it with rabbit and streaky bacon.I felt the mincer plates laboured with the sinews a bit.
However the results were good :D
I added prunes soaked in drambuie to one batch and sun-dried tommys sage and thyme to the other.
Yummy as a burger and I`ll let you know how the first snorkers go.
"As a youth I used to weep in butchers shops"
snorkers_good_oh
Registered Member

Postby pokerpete » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:52 pm

snorkers_good_oh wrote:I bought the Lidl mincer today and tried it with rabbit and streaky bacon.I felt the mincer plates laboured with the sinews a bit.
However the results were good :D
I added prunes soaked in drambuie to one batch and sun-dried tommys sage and thyme to the other.
Yummy as a burger and I`ll let you know how the first snorkers go.

Whoever said Scotsmen were tight are absolutly wrong. How on earth can this be so when our friend here buys Drambuie to soak his prunes in?
It's only about �20 a bottle, if you haven't used it all send it down to me, and I'll try it on its own.
pokerpete
Registered Member

Postby hoggie » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:33 am

hi, put your bacon in the freezer for about an hour and a half. it will slice like a dream. i've got the cheap slicer from argos, and it works fine after a stint in the freezer. scots tight, no way hosay :wink:
hoggie
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:52 am

dougal wrote:Dave, I haven't enquired yet. I thought I'd see how I got on with the serrated one first!

The blade is retained by a central (plastic) knurled nut. And its driven via 3 pegs, which locate through holes in the blade's hub.
Quite apart from that geometry, the blade isn't a flat disc. Think of a shallow soup bowl with a wide flat lip. There's about a cm between the plane of the drive pegs and retaining nut, and the plane of the blade. I can recognise that such shaping will help stiffen the blade.
The un-serrated blade would have to have the exact same geometry. I'd be astonished if it fitted any other company's product.
If you think its a viable possibility, I'll happily measure it for you.

The Customer Service dept has an 0870 voice number, a Walsall address, and a normal fax number. The email is support.uk@kompernass.com
My slicer is called a "Bifinett KH 150 DIVA"

On Monday, I'll ring and see what the deal on the "special equipment" blade might be ...

Thanks Dougal, you are right, there is no way that blade would fit my machine, but interesting information nevertheless.

Dave
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby hmmm sausages » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:38 am

hoggie, do you wipe your blade during bacon slicing on your cheap argos slicer? I find mine gets sticky when I am slicing
hmmm sausages
Registered Member

Postby hoggie » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:54 am

hmmm sausage, yes i wipe it a couple of times with a damp cloth, i don't do a lot, about a kilo at a time. works for me though. cheers, john.
hoggie
Registered Member

Postby snorkers_good_oh » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:40 pm

LOCATION - Scotland,but not scottish :lol:
"As a youth I used to weep in butchers shops"
snorkers_good_oh
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Equipment & Supplies