new machine

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

new machine

Postby Rob Couchman » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:30 pm

Hi Guys
At the moment I`m using an Anthony Warrel Thompson Breville meat grinder. Which was ok for a lb or two, but very time consuming now, as I`m nearing the double figure in kilos, I`ve cobbled together approx �250 and was wondering if someone could advise me on the next step up in machinery.
Many thanks, rob
Rob Couchman
Registered Member

Postby sausagemaker » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:19 pm

Hi Rob
you cannot go far wrong with the machines that Franco sells, please see the link below.
http://www.sausagemaking.org/acatalog/9 ... incer.html

Regards
Sausagemaker
Advice
Often sought, seldom taken
sausagemaker
Registered Member

Re: new machine

Postby pokerpete » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:17 pm

Rob Couchman wrote:Hi Guys
At the moment I`m using an Anthony Warrel Thompson Breville meat grinder. Which was ok for a lb or two, but very time consuming now, as I`m nearing the double figure in kilos, I`ve cobbled together approx �250 and was wondering if someone could advise me on the next step up in machinery.
Many thanks, rob

I think that you should go for a robust Hobart 12. Their electric motors are continuously rated unlike a lot of modern rubbish.
This choice is based on 35 years of buying, selling, repairing, and refurbishing meat processing machinery. It also gives the opportunity, if you so wish, that in the future, you may fancy a 12 or 20 quart Hobart mixer, and the barrel is compatible.
Second choice would be a Crypto 12.
pokerpete
Registered Member

Postby aris » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:54 pm

pokerpete wrote:I think that you should go for a robust Hobart 12. Their electric motors are continuously rated unlike a lot of modern rubbish.
This choice is based on 35 years of buying, selling, repairing, and refurbishing meat processing machinery. It also gives the opportunity, if you so wish, that in the future, you may fancy a 12 or 20 quart Hobart mixer, and the barrel is compatible.

Can you get one for 250 squid?
aris
Site Admin

Postby pokerpete » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:08 pm

aris wrote:
pokerpete wrote:I think that you should go for a robust Hobart 12. Their electric motors are continuously rated unlike a lot of modern rubbish.

Can you get one for 250 squid?

I've seen a good few of them on e-bay, obviously used.
pokerpete
Registered Member

Postby Ken D » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:28 pm

Is there a chance that this one can be had on your side of the pond?
It's 250 USD/134 UKP in America: http://tinyurl.com/hrmtn
And it had to get there from Italy.
Ken D
Registered Member

Postby scotty » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:52 am

Ken D wrote:Is there a chance that this one can be had on your side of the pond?
It's 250 USD/134 UKP in America: http://tinyurl.com/hrmtn
And it had to get there from Italy.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true
The best comedy is to see the politicians in the USA blaming one another for all the stealing they have been doing for so many years.
Maybe this is Obamas strategy to get the truth out in the open.
scotty
Registered Member

Postby Ken D » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:22 pm

Rodger that, Scotty....the Omaz I linked to is in New york. I am in Canada. The other side of the pond is the UK. The Cabela's one is spendier, probably made in Communist China.
Ken D
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies