HOG CASING SPECS (in Canada)

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

HOG CASING SPECS (in Canada)

Postby Ken D » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:11 pm

Just an FYI post, so you can check with your folks for different options.
Maybe your vendors have similar choices.
I am a home user, so I use the shorts. A 40 foot continious (sp) length of casing is awfully hard to put on the horn !!!
Pricing is not at issue. But for the curious, the UKP is trading at 2.12 against the CAD dollar today. So a 22.00 CAD price would convert to about 10.75 UKP. http://tinyurl.com/q24dw
http://tinyurl.com/oqlas
The numbers in front (ergo: 30/35, etc) will be the diameter of the casing, when filled to the max.
Ken D
Registered Member

Postby DarrinG » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:27 pm

Thanks Ken D for pointing that out. I finally know why the casings I have held so much and why I had so much left over. I had blue ring casings which were 40/42 I need to get green or red ring casings.

I always thought that the blue ring was just part of the packaging and not a sign of the size of the casings.

Thanks

DarrinG
DarrinG
Registered Member

Postby Big Guy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:20 am

Any Idea as to the size of the red and green ring cases?. I have used blue and red ,I've never seen green.
Big Guy
Registered Member

hog casings

Postby Michelle » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:55 am

Hello there!I live in northern B.C and the town I live in the ONLY casings I can buy locally are red ring hog casings.I should open up a butcher supply up here!

Michelle
Michelle
Registered Member

Postby DarrinG » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:56 am

It shows that the green & red casings are both 32/35 mm but the green with hold approx. only 100 lbs./90 meters where the red will hold 115 lbs./90 meters.

I'm shooting them off an e-mail to find out.

DarrinG
DarrinG
Registered Member

Postby Ken D » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:42 pm

Hi, Michelle....where are you? Stuffers' products are shipped expidited, and take no longer then 3 days to come, and the company stands by freshness for a week in the mails. Order on a friday, they send monday, you have in the week. Not a good idea with perishibles, to mail order on a wednesday or a thursday, because of the weekend. Unless you've ponied up for overnight delivery, or Loomis.
You cannot go wrong for home use with the shorts pack... under 14.00 plus adds for 100 lubbs of product !!! Best, KD
http://www.hiway16.com
Ken D
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies