New Vertical Stuffer

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Fully stainless hobby stuffer

Postby mjcoetzee » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:11 pm

My long awaited stuffer arrived yesterday. Bought it from sausagemaking.org ebay shop. Great bargain.

The side wall of the cylinder on the seam is a bit rough :( . It worked very nicely but on third refill the o-ring pushed out, the piston went skew and the plastic gears broke.

I e-mailed for 5 days every day, but had no reply from sausagemaking.org. Very disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A great bargain absolutely useless!!!!!!!!!!!!
mjcoetzee
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:31 pm

You've just flooded every single thread ever made on sausage stuffers in this forum with the same rant.

Did you want any help here?, because you haven't got off to a very good start. Perhaps you could back up and start again.

Welcome to the forum by the way.
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby mjcoetzee » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:01 pm

Thats me told off then. :oops:

I only left comments where this item was discussed and only a couple of times.

I just want a reply from the powers that be. I was hoping my chances of getting a reply sooner is directly related to the amount of times I repeat myself aka ranting. I see now my multiple posts have been censored or moderated. :wink:

Can anybody offer me help?

I know patience is a virtue (and more patience is a better virtue?) and I should have waited much longer before repeating myself repeatedly :P
although I live by the saying "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again"
or should it be: "If at first you don't succeed...Do it the way your wife told you to"
or "If at first you don't succeed...Delegate and make it someone else's problem"
or "If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried"
or "If At First You Don't Succeed, Lower Your Standards"
or "If at First You Don�t Succeed, Blame Somebody Else" and last but not the least at the risk of ranting (again) "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it"
mjcoetzee
Registered Member

Postby Michelle » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:03 pm

Hello mjcoetzee,I would like to welcome you to the forum! We use this forum to exchange recipes,knowledge on sausage making,cheese making, meat curing and cookery in general,when you multipost I end up with my email inbox full of "new message".It just turned up it was your multiposting the same message?I want to let you know that this problably effected the other forum members too so try to be more careful in the future. I wish you better luck in your sausage making adventures and hope to get to know you better on a more positive note.Best wishes!
Michelle
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:11 am

mjcoetzee wrote:

I only left comments where this item was discussed and only a couple of times.

I think I deleted 6, but I might have lost count :D

mjcoetzee wrote: I was hoping my chances of getting a reply sooner is directly related to the amount of times I repeat myself aka ranting.

I thought your chances of a reply from the forum were directly related to the number of posts but your chance of getting any help inversely related so thought I'd help you out :lol:
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby mjcoetzee » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:31 am

Georgie wrote :
"I thought your chances of a reply from the forum were directly related to the number of posts but your chance of getting any help inversely related so thought I'd help you out "

Ahh, I shouldn't have spammed then! :)

On the bright side I could have bought from eBay, the same kit for almost double the price compared to sausagemaking.org price.

I still think it is a great little stuffer, just bad luck I received a dud and I have fallen through the cracks twice i.t.o. customer service.

It would be funny if somehow my e-mails not being attented to is BT's fault. Well off to work I go to, where I have to apologize non stop to my customers complaining about the company I worked for, non customer service. I do fix most problems.......
mjcoetzee
Registered Member

Postby mjcoetzee » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:49 am

I just received a reply from sausagemaking.org. This was from the message I send via the webform. They were "very sorry to hear about [my] your problems I will get the stuffer collected today and a new one sent out."

All my ranting on this forum for nothing??
mjcoetzee
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:02 am

So, a result then, first time of asking :wink:

Dave
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby Michelle » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:54 pm

Good day mjcoetzee! Below is a quote you put in a post,it say's that "Georgie wrote",it was not me that said this to you. :? It was saucisson :) Congrats on your dilemma being resolved,now you are back in buisness! Happy sausage making!

mjcoetzee wrote:Georgie wrote :
"I thought your chances of a reply from the forum were directly related to the number of posts but your chance of getting any help inversely related so thought I'd help you out "
Michelle
Registered Member

Postby mjcoetzee » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:52 pm

Sorry Georgie
mjcoetzee
Registered Member

Postby aris » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:36 pm

Mjcoetzee - from your name, can we assume you'll be making Boerewors? :-)
aris
Site Admin

Postby Michelle » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:41 pm

Thank you mjcoetzee :) So what type of sausages do you plan on making?
Best wishes!
Michelle
Registered Member

Postby mjcoetzee » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:15 pm

I make farmers sausage and dried sausage aka boerewors and droewors.
I still want to try making salami, bacon and haggis
mjcoetzee
Registered Member

Postby aris » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:35 pm

Ah, a fellow South African!

I too make Droewors, and Boerewors - in fact, it's mostly what I make.
aris
Site Admin

Postby mjcoetzee » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:11 pm

I make biltong as well. And I would like to make black pudding one weekend when the kids are away.
mjcoetzee
Registered Member

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment & Supplies