Large stuffer question

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Postby Fricandeau » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:24 pm

Docktor, I envy you the New England Autumn, there is no finer sight in the natural world.

As to rising to Porkerpete, just don't waste your breath. I fell foul of him shortly after joining, and you won't get a proper explanation, an appology or even a reason why. Even the site Mods seem scared of him, so don't worry, kick back, and talk to the rest of us instead. :D
Vegetarian food: fine as a side.
Vegetarians: not bad, but they don't crisp up very well.
Vegans: should go back to Vega.
Fricandeau
Registered Member

Postby Doctor » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:57 pm

Now I'm following you.
I don't know much about up to date machinery. All of my equipment is for my personal use and all pretty old and resurected from the dead.
I have a Hollymatic patty machine which forms burger pattys with paper in between. That thing makes burgers in a hurry.
I also found, in a yard sale, a Univex 30 Qt mixer with a meat grinder on a PTO.
The mixer works out good for 25 lb batches of sausage.
I would think that a big part of finding imported equipment is the cost of shipping. I don't have any equipment that can be handled by one man.
My most important need for a sausage stuffer was to find one that i did not have to push on a plunger or crank till my arm falls off. I do most of my proccessing alone so one man operation is a must
Doctor
Doctor
Registered Member

Postby Doctor » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:01 pm

Fricandeau,
Yes, i got that impression, thanks.
I'm not looking for an argument , i just want to make and eat good food produced from things i kill and prepare with my own two hands.
I get alot of satisfaction from that.
Doctor
Doctor
Registered Member

Postby Fricandeau » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:11 pm

Amen :D

My late and un-lamented father-in-law travelled through life treating people like Porkerpete does: snap opinions, aggressive responses and no appologies. You're not from Barnsley are you, by any chance? Or Grimethorpe to be specific?
Vegetarian food: fine as a side.
Vegetarians: not bad, but they don't crisp up very well.
Vegans: should go back to Vega.
Fricandeau
Registered Member

Postby pokerpete » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:17 pm

Doctor wrote:Now I'm following you.
I don't know much about up to date machinery. All of my equipment is for my personal use and all pretty old and resurected from the dead.
I have a Hollymatic patty machine which forms burger pattys with paper in between. That thing makes burgers in a hurry.
I also found, in a yard sale, a Univex 30 Qt mixer with a meat grinder on a PTO.
The mixer works out good for 25 lb batches of sausage.
I would think that a big part of finding imported equipment is the cost of shipping. I don't have any equipment that can be handled by one man.
My most important need for a sausage stuffer was to find one that i did not have to push on a plunger or crank till my arm falls off. I do most of my proccessing alone so one man operation is a must
Doctor

Yes I used to sell and repair Hollymatic patty formers, and they became the standard machine here in the UK punching out 1500 interleaved pattys an hour. Then the very high capacity Formax 46 came along but it didn't really dent the Hollymatc sales.
All the Biro and Butcher Boy machinery was freighted into me, but I take your point that the relatively low cost of older used machinery would be a factor of you importing from the UK and Europe.
pokerpete
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Equipment & Supplies