Reber Vacuum sealer

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Reber Vacuum

Postby oldspots » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:54 pm

Hi, yes sadly I had to get my bags elsewhere.
Own rare breed Gloucestershire Old Spot pigs and sell pork & bacon
oldspots
Registered Member

Re: Reber Vacuum

Postby Lee » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:43 am

oldspots wrote:Hi, yes sadly I had to get my bags elsewhere.

Oh Dear, does this mean I should be looking elsewhere than on the site for my Xmas present??? Anyone from sausagemaking.org got an opinion on that? Be a shame if I do, as usually items I've bought have turned up very quickly. I understand stock may not be immeadiately available, but a genuine leadtime would be appreciated :?
Lee
Registered Member

Postby Lee » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:48 pm

A parcel has been sent to me from Preston, could thi sbe my Reber????
Do hope so!! :D :D :D
Now, if only I can convince Parcel Force to deliver it at a time or place where I can actually get hold of the thing I'll be happy, otherwise it's an hours drive to the depot to pick it up :x
Lee
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:26 pm

My parcel came from the Preston depot so it could be your Christmas pressie on the way.

Don't forget that if they miss you and leave the dreaded card that you can request:

Pick up from your local Post Office� branch

Please call the number on your card if you wish to pick up your item from a local Post Office� branch. There is a 50p charge for this service.

As it would cost at least �5 to drive to my local depot I always choose this option as it's within walking distance and|I like to support my local post Office wherever possible, never know when I might need it.

Dave
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby Lee » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:38 pm

I would happily use the post office, but it's only open 2 days a week, when I'm at work :? Could get it sent to the post office local to work (or indeed to work), but thats a different depot apparently, so thats going to cost me �5.50!!!
Ironically, the post office near work (and work), is actually nearer to the parcelforce depot than I am at home, but such logic is powerless against them :evil:

And they wonder why the postal service is in trouble.....

Looks like I'll just have to cough up the 5 quid, and get it sent to me at work :?

Looking forward to having a play though :D
Lee
Registered Member

Postby Lee » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:20 am

WooHoo! :D Eventually got my reber, so lots of vaccume packing fun for me tonight :D :D :D
By the way, has anyone else had trouble getting parcels delivered from Parcelforce, such a useless bunch of muppets I have never had the unfortunate experience to deal with before than the Nottingham depot :evil:
Can Sausagemaking.org use someone else next time? Please!!!
Lee
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:20 am

Is anyone else any better? I spent six hours yesterday trying to get through to our local Royal Mail sorting office to arrange re-delivery of a package. It would have been quicker to walk there and get it :D Best bit was going to royalmail.com/redelivery which they advise you to use on the drop-off card to find the on-line service won't be active until next year :lol:

Dave
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby Lee » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:05 pm

saucisson wrote:Is anyone else any better? I spent six hours yesterday trying to get through to our local Royal Mail sorting office to arrange re-delivery of a package. It would have been quicker to walk there and get it :D Best bit was going to royalmail.com/redelivery which they advise you to use on the drop-off card to find the on-line service won't be active until next year :lol:

Dave

Probably not :?
My favourite moment was when after I'd booked a new delivery slot online,and waited in all day to no avail, they told me it was my fault for not phoning up to confirm the automated online booking service :shock:
I won't repeat what i said :twisted:
Lee
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:41 pm

I think can imagine :o

Dave
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby Ianinfrance » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:49 pm

What?
saucisson wrote:I think can imagine :o
Dave

Not "Meatballs", surely?

:D :D :D

But don't imagine the "guaranteed delivery" boys are any better, I once had to bluff my way from the UK to Belgium because my passport was held up by DHL. And when I grumbled, they told me that any claim would have to be made by the sender. Tough sh!t if I was inconvenienced - a garage in Belgium is REALLY going to take the time to complain, aren't they! (Some complicated arrangements to buy a car there, import it into the Uk for use in France - don't ask).
All the best - Ian
"The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching." c. 2800 BC
Ianinfrance
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Equipment & Supplies