AWT meat grinder?

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

AWT meat grinder?

Postby kata » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:38 pm

Does anybody have any experience with the AWT meat grinder that argos currently have on offer? The reason i ask is i am looking to buy my first mincer and have decided to go electric, i would like the FW 2684 offered on this site but it is out of stock.
I dont want to spend too much as i am not planning on making pounds and pounds of sausage....maybe 3-4 times per month. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Matt.
kata
Newly Registered

Postby saucisson » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:10 pm

Without wanting to sound cynical, I suspect at least �10 of the Argos one is spent on the AWT badge. Having said that I have no experience of the one on sausagemaking.org, so I hope someone who has one will come forward and comment.

Dave
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby Paul Kribs » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:32 pm

I can't comment on the AWT appliance, but have used the FW in the past and it did the job very well. The most I ever put through in one session was about 28 lbs... not bad for a little mincer. I wasn't impressed with the sausage filling horns, which are way too short, but probably OK if you are only knocking out a few pounds. I found it a good model for a starter, and keep it as a reserve in case the Reber ever fails.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby hoggie » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:18 am

hi kata, thats the mincer i've got, and must say it has never let me down. having said that the most i have minced is about 3k of meat at one time. had the AWT mincer for over a year, and as good as new. don't argos it e-bay it, much cheaper. happy mincing. cheers john.
hoggie
Registered Member

Postby roseway » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:24 am

The AWT grinder is basically the same model as sold here as the FW2684. The only slight difference is that the AWT version has a rather stronger metal meat tray where the 2684 has a plastic one. It works fine, but you really need earplugs.

Eric
roseway
Registered Member

Postby kata » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:32 pm

Thanks for all of your replies, I think I will search the bay for a AWT machine, as its not to much � to waste if I dont use it that often.
kata
Newly Registered

Postby aris » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:28 pm

Argos is handy due to the 16 day moneyback guarantee - and if it goes wrong during the warranty period - you can just take it back.
aris
Site Admin

Return to Equipment & Supplies