Hobbby Stuffer Nozzles

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Postby aris » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:20 pm

Hey Paul,

How did you polish them?

I was thinking of using a pipe cutter (like what plumbers use) to cut a few mm off of mine - this has the side effect of making the lip taper in just a little bit - enough to eliminate any bits which would snag the casings.
aris
Site Admin

Postby saucisson » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:32 pm

Aris, I doubt a pipe cutter would make much impression on stainless steel, I think you would just dent the pipe and ruin the cutter, just my opinion mind :) Wet and dry or a diamond whetstone would be my choice.

Dave
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby Paul Kribs » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:51 pm

I flattened the end and put a slight chamfer on them using my stationary bench sanding wheel. I then used a rotary buffer with compound on my drill press to polish away any scratches and polish the length of the nozzles. I cleaned up the inside ends of the nozzles using a very small carborundum drum on a B&D tool similar to a dremmel. I did initially use a fine half round file, which does the job getting rid of any burrs, but a bit slow. If you have the power tools, use them :wink:
Finally, I scalded them and scrubbed them out with bottle brushes before rinsing.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby Yorkie_Porkie » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:52 pm

Mine came this week also, been out so didnt get to see them til last night !, look great !!..Will probably just round over the edges though as they might snag the casings.

Great work Porker !...All I need now is a hobby stuffer to go with them ! lol....in the meantime am going to retro fit my Ascot stuffer with a few alterations am sure they will be fine on there till I get the one they are made for !..

YP
Yorkie_Porkie
Registered Member

Postby porker » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:28 pm

Last batch sent out today, second class recorded post. Should be delivered on Wednesday or Thursday.

Anyone used their new s/s tubes yet?

:)
porker
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:09 pm

Going to use them tomorrow for a small batch (about 10 lbs).. I'll post my findings..

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby tristar » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:50 am

I am intrigued by these nozzles, can somebody post some images of their finished product? by that I mean the tubes and not the sausages :)
"Don't be shy, just give it a try!"
Food for The Body and The Soul
tristar
Registered Member

Postby roseway » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:00 am

They're just a length of stainless steel tube with a flange on the end. Ideal for the purpose, but not complicated.

Eric
roseway
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:10 am

tristar

just click back to page 6 of this thread, I have already posted a picture..

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:20 pm

I just used the SS filler tubes to make approx 10 lbs.

The 25 mm filler took my 32-34 hogs casings easily sliding up right to the end. I flushed them again just prior to threading them on, as I normally do. They left the filler whilst being filled very well, but to be fair I generally get the same from the Reber ones, just a case of selecting the right size.

I tried the 20 mm filler with 20-22 sheeps casings, no chance.. Would probably work OK with 22-24+ sheeps, but I didn't have any to test.

Conclusion is that they are pretty much similar efficiency wise as the standard plastic ones, but the added benefit is that you can thread more casing on. In my opinion worth having for that alone. I normally remove the nozzle whilst still attached to the casing to push the remaining sausagemeat through, and I found that by wrapping the smaller tube with cling-film it could be used very effectively as a plunger for the larger tube..

Porker, what are the chances of your man making some 15mm outside diameter to suit the smaller sheeps casings?? :wink:

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby tristar » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:39 am

Paul Kribs wrote:tristar

just click back to page 6 of this thread, I have already posted a picture..

Regards, Paul Kribs

Thanks Paul,

Don't know how I managed to miss that!
"Don't be shy, just give it a try!"
Food for The Body and The Soul
tristar
Registered Member

Postby porker » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:18 am

Paul Kribs I have asked my friend to price me a s/s clothes rack that would sit on top of our AGA cooker, so when I ring him later this week I will ask again about the 15mm dia tubing but I think the answer will be the same, as he dosn't use it in his line of work.

:)
porker
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Equipment & Supplies