Normal turnaround times

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Normal turnaround times

Postby TobyB » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:07 pm

I ordered some #2 cure on 20 January. It still hasn't turned up and my e-mail to the web (sent yesterday) has not been responded to.

Given that I've paid a postage charge of �4 on top of the cost of the cure this seems very poor. If the reason for the delay is because the police have intercepted my suspicious bag of powder then I retract my complaint. Any other reason and I'd like to know what's going on.

A number of people seem to have had problems with delays in relation to the business side of this site; Franco, whilst we appreciate that your primary business is leather goods what's going on with the sausagemaking business? I assume you are doing this for profit as well as for love so how about giving us the service we expect or at least giving some sort of warning about delivery times when we order?
TobyB
Registered Member

Postby bebilja » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:03 am

I am interested to read your posting.I ordered in November 2004 ,and I am still waiting for delivery.I have sent emails and only one was answered saying the delay would be looked into.I do however have to say my credit card has not been debited for this order
bebilja
Registered Member

Postby TobyB » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:06 pm

Unlike you the money left my account on 21 January.

Franco, you have not had the decency to reply either on here or to my e-mail. Please would you do so.
TobyB
Registered Member

Postby TobyB » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:47 pm

In the interests of fairness and even handedness, I must report that I have just had a (very nice) phone call assuring me that the cure has been re-sent (yesterday following my post).

Apparently my e-mails complaining never arrived and the cure was sent on 21 Jan when the money left my account but appears to have been lost in the post.

A litany of confusion so, sorry for any confusion/upset/bad mouthing etc etc. I will report when it arrives. (Franco, you could have avoided this going any further by responding to my post yesterday when you re-sent the cure)

Now about the royal mail and how useless they are.........
TobyB
Registered Member

Postby aris » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:50 pm

Perhaps Franco should consider sending recorded delivery.
aris
Site Admin

recorded delivery

Postby Franco » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:37 pm

Aris,

The majority of items are sent with TNT on a guaranteed next day service, smaller items are sent with Royal Mail standard parcels service which can ntake anything upto 4 days. The problem we have with post as all other mail order companies is the high cost of postage on small items.
If we sent out some cure for �10 recorded delivery the cost would be around �7 and I don't think that customers would pay this.

Toby,
let us know when the second order arrives.

Franco
Franco
Site Admin

Postby aris » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:03 pm

Franco,

Recorded delivery on a 1st or second class parcel costs an extra 65p

If you were sending 400g of cure - and lets say with all the packaging came to 450 grames, this would cost �1.50 to post. Plus say, 50p to cover the cost of packaging - �2 + 65p recorded delivery - �2.65. Well within the budget of �4 delivery.

I think the extra 65p with first class post is well worth the peace-of-mind for small packages.
aris
Site Admin

Postby Shaun » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:25 pm

I must admit I have brought several things off Franco, including two stuffers and a smoker and have been happy with delivery times on all items.
Shaun
Registered Member

Postby TobyB » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:37 pm

Hurrah.

Cure arrived in yesterday's post. Thanks. Now I can make salami!
TobyB
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies