Reber Spares

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Reber Spares

Postby Franco » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:32 pm

The spares for the Reber stuffers are now in stock. I have replacement gaskest and all sizes of cogs. Let me know if you need any.

Franco
Franco
Site Admin

Postby aris » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:49 pm

Prices?
aris
Site Admin

Re: Reber Spares

Postby Johannes » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:21 pm

Franco wrote:The spares for the Reber stuffers are now in stock. I have replacement gaskest and all sizes of cogs. Let me know if you need any.

Franco

Franco, can you please email me your details I need some spares for my sausage stuffers.
Johannes
Newly Registered

Re: Reber Spares

Postby Johannes » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:23 pm

Franco wrote:The spares for the Reber stuffers are now in stock. I have replacement gaskest and all sizes of cogs. Let me know if you need any.

Franco

Franco, can you please email me your details I need some spares for my sausage stuffers. My email address is die_koskas@hotmail.com
thanks

Johannes
Johannes
Newly Registered

Postby Franco » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:35 pm

I've sent you an email.

Regards

Franco
Franco
Site Admin

Postby aris » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:33 pm

Will you list them on the website?
aris
Site Admin

Postby Rik vonTrense » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:44 am

Franco or any Reber expert.

On my 3KG Reber the horn nut is screwed up tight to hold the horn in place.

When the pressure in the horn builds up I get half a dozen "worms" extruding from the nut because there are flutes in the thread of the nut and the face of the horn that meets the filler tube has small raised points on it....this allows these worms to squeeze out from under the ring nut....it is more noticible on a paste filling and this is in conjunction with the smaller filler tube.

Is this normal and if so why??

Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:38 pm

Rik

I also get some mix squeezing out as I stuff. This happens with both my 5KG Reber and my 3KG Hungarian stuffer. I wonder if they are designed in this manner to allow any air pockets to escape prior to entering the casing.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby Rik vonTrense » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:34 pm

Yes of course...... the air pockets would take the path of least resistance so they would rather find their way out than be further compressed in the filling horn....Bravo..

one would assume that they only get pushed our by the air because I just had a few wqith the last press but this morning I only one solitary one so I must have had a good fill

Although I cut a plastic disc to go inside the horn nut and I compress the meat against this to expel any air and then back off befor I fit the horn

Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:03 pm

Rik

I have found out the hard way that it pays to spend a little time when filling the stuffer body with the mix.. making well sure to expel any air, that way the only air is in the filler nozzle and is ejected when initially pushing the mix to the nozzle opening.
When first operating the handle to plunge the mix forward, it pays to move the stuffer body up and down (quite vigorously) when doing so, this will eliminate any air between plunger and mix. You can hear the air escaping.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies