Fridge Frustration

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Fridge Frustration

Postby Hunkydory » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:33 pm

Hi

I recently took on a freeceycled fridge (look up freecycle, you'll be amazed what you could pick up) and am very disappointed with the temps - if it reaches 40 f you're lucky, 47 f seems to be the tops, all with max chilling option.

OK, this was taken on as a potential drying cabinet, so no loss there, and it is good on the wine chilling front !!

........but the next test was my family fridge. Newish, expensive-ish at the time (5 years)....and guess what - wild swings of temperature. I tested both fridges with my Maverick, up and down they went, the family fridge was hitting 47 f and lowing at 31f. Next, I bought a max-min fridge thermometer which seems to be telling me the same story (although I'm trying to find a balance by upping and downing the thermostat on the main fridge).

Does anybody have the same experience, and a solution ? Do we all really check our fridges ? Have I got something very stable (and cold) near the thermostat that is confusing it ?

Any suggestions, experiences, and I'm sure somebody will tell me here, dangers ?

Thanks,

Richard
Hunkydory
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies