Upgraded to a commercial sausage stuffer

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Upgraded to a commercial sausage stuffer

Postby JammerW » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:54 pm

Hi Guy's first post :)

We are a small farm that rear our own Rare Breed Pigs and have a registered cutting premises so that we can produce our own pork products.

Our sausages have become very popular and we have opened a local market stall.
Up to now we have been filling our casing with the mincer, which is fine but we wanted concistency in the texture so have upgraded to a commecial electric (knee operated) filler.

Now then my question is this... We make 6 varieties of sausages (at the moment) around a 12Lb batch of each. with the new filler, at the end of each batch we are left with around half a Lb of sausage meat ( times that by 6 and its quite a lot). What doe's everyone do with this? It's too much for me to eat ;) and i don't want to bin it...

Thanks for your time

Jamie :)
JammerW
Newly Registered

Postby jenny_haddow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:31 pm

I put mine in the burger press and make patties. Just as good with bacon and eggs and equally nice in a burger bun.

HTH

Jen
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:42 pm

Scotch eggs or sausage rolls here. :D
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby Paul Kribs » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:34 pm

jenny_haddow wrote:I put mine in the burger press and make patties. Just as good with bacon and eggs and equally nice in a burger bun.

HTH

Jen

We know a Mc company that makes a Mc fortune selling similar things for breakfasts.. :shock:

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby jenny_haddow » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:17 am

B*g**r, and there's me thinking I was being original! :)
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Postby Ianinfrance » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:41 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I think you misplaced an asterisk.

Seriously.... that#s what we often do, and in fact I think I slightly prefer sausagemeat made using the Thai flavouring from the store here, in patties like that.

To the OP. How about selling it as sausagemeat - either as 1 lb (oops 500 g) rolls or as individual 30 g balls. Delicious in Crapaud dans le Trou, or Clafoutis aux Saucisses. :lol:
All the best - Ian
"The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching." c. 2800 BC
Ianinfrance
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:27 pm

Ianinfrance wrote: Clafoutis aux Saucisses. :lol:

That's just "Toad in the hole" wot went to a posh school!! :lol:

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby Ianinfrance » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:24 pm

Hi Phil

That's just "Toad in the hole" wot went to a posh school!!

Yerss.

Actually I was mocking myself in using that name, because Clafoutis is a dish from round here - in the next month all the hillsides will be decorated with little puffs of cloud like cherry blossom from the semi-wild cherries whose fruit was traditionally used. It's a variant of another local speciality called "Flaugnarde" (or "flan") which is made with any fruit or none. But because the dish is entirely different when made with unstoned cherries as it should be, (the fruit doesn't burst and dilute the batter) I am something of a purist over the name.

Either way, sausagemeat balls mde with left over mix would go very well in a Toad in ze 'ole.
All the best - Ian
"The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching." c. 2800 BC
Ianinfrance
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:33 pm

It sure would - and a cherry clafoutis for afters - Yum!

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Re: Upgraded to a commercial sausage stuffer

Postby Kossu » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:23 pm

JammerW wrote:Hi Guy's first post :)

We are a small farm that rear our own Rare Breed Pigs and have a registered cutting premises so that we can produce our own pork products.

Our sausages have become very popular and we have opened a local market stall.
Up to now we have been filling our casing with the mincer, which is fine but we wanted concistency in the texture so have upgraded to a commecial electric (knee operated) filler.

Now then my question is this... We make 6 varieties of sausages (at the moment) around a 12Lb batch of each. with the new filler, at the end of each batch we are left with around half a Lb of sausage meat ( times that by 6 and its quite a lot). What doe's everyone do with this? It's too much for me to eat ;) and i don't want to bin it...

Thanks for your time

Jamie :)

This is a really old thread, but I'll reply anyways in case someone else is having the same problem with the leftover meat in the filler.

Prepare a relatively thick gel with water and gelatin. Liquids can't compress which is the basic principle in hydraulics. When you run out of sausage dough, insert enough gelatin jelly in the filler and continue making sausages until you start seeing gelatin in the casing.

Excess gelatin is super easy to clean from the filler, as it melts immediately in hot water.
Kossu
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies