recommendations for a humidifier in the USofA

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

recommendations for a humidifier in the USofA

Postby mattwright » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Hiya everyone

So I have just been fermenting a rather expensive batch of chorizo. I found a local guy who makes the best tasting smoked paprika I have ever had anywhere, and bought a job lot of his product to make some chorizo. This stuff wasn't cheap, and I totally blew my half yearly meat curing budget on the stuff.

It was going swimmingly until this morning I noticed that the last bit of fermentation had been going on (about 10 hours worth) with my humidifier not working correctly. As we all know that ain't the best for fermentation! Thankfully it looks like the pH is low enough now, and I don't think the humidity was low long enough to do any real damage.

I am using a Crane Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifer (http://www.amazon.com/Crane-Gallon-COOL ... 715&sr=8-1)

The problem with this model is that when you fill up the tank, you have to take the tank off. When you put the tank back on, you really have to wiggle it down in to place, otherwise the unit doesn't start.

It also has a really small tank size (1gallon) - which means during fermentation and the start of drying, I have to actually fill it up every couple of days.

Does anyone in the US have recommendations for a larger capacity humidifier? I am looking for one that can be controlled by an external humidistat.
Matt Wright
WRIGHTFOOD BLOG
www.mattikaarts.com/blog
mattwright
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies