U.S. Grinder/Mincer

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

U.S. Grinder/Mincer

Postby Bad Flynch » Wed May 18, 2005 12:21 am

Is there a consensus on this board about the merits of a particular grinder available in the U.S.? Over the years, I have had a couple of small ones, but have been generally unhappy with them. I have an old Oster grinder on a power head with which I formerly ground up deer and antelope and I have a Kitchen Aid grinder attachment. The Kitchen Aid is fine for a couple of pounds of meatloaf or breakfast sausage, but is not enough grinder for something like summer sausage. The largest grind that I would make is probably 25 pounds, as in a batch of summer sausage. Thanks.
B.F.
Bad Flynch
Registered Member

Postby aris » Wed May 18, 2005 5:26 am

You have a fairly good choice of Grinders in the US - check eBay, or some of the US based sausage supply companies (there are lots). Also, Northern Tool also sell grinders in th US.
aris
Site Admin

Postby fatnhappy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:33 am

Hi Guys. This is my first post to this board.
I used the kitchen aid attachment a couple times but was rather unimpressed. While it's fine for grinding meats with good marbling, it was unfit for long use with denser venison, IMHO. I wound up getting the all stainless #22 1HP tre-spade grinder as a factory refurb from weston supply and have been quite happy with it. $288 to the door. BTW, northern tool is selling 5# vertical stuffers for only $79, everyone else wants $129 or more for the same stuffer. They also have 44# mixers for $200.

http://www.westonsupply.com/index.asp?CartId={C1284F7A-C8E0-41CBEVEREST-91A9-65C88CFE0DFE}&FSCat=15&url=IND&iFromFeatured=1
fatnhappy
Registered Member

Postby sausagemaker » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:30 pm

Hi fatnhappy

Welcome to the forum, I hope you have many hours of enjoyment here, were all a pretty friendly bunch.

Regards
Sausagemaker
Advice
Often sought, seldom taken
sausagemaker
Registered Member

Postby fatnhappy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:11 am

Thank you for the warm welcome. As I love good sausage, I believe I'll fit right in. :D
fatnhappy
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies