curing chamber equipment/ advice

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

curing chamber equipment/ advice

Postby c day » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:58 am

hello everyone, i looking for some advice on where to get equipment to make a curing chamber,need advice on raising temp in chamber what humidifier and humidity and temp readers. if anyone could offer advice on where to buy this stuff in ireland or uk would be much appreciated many thanks
c day
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:47 pm

Welcome

A good starting point for temperature and humidity control is here:

http://www.forttex.com/

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby c day » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:50 pm

thanks phil, i should have said i dont really know what i need to get started.
c day
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Right - from the start. :lol:

Firstly, you are looking for somewhere for air drying with a temperature of around 12 - 15°C (ideally) and with a good relative humidity (RH) of around 70% (ish). It's also good if it has a little bit of air-flow; not much, just a little.

A fridge, or somewhere that needs all sorts of electrical devices, should not be the first choice (in my opinion). Do you have a cellar, pantry, outbuilding etc that has these conditions or near to them? You can check with a normal thermometer and a cheap hygrometer - these are cheap on ebay (search for hygrometer) - something like this (not a recommendation - just an example).

If you can't find anywhere that's even near the target figures, then you could consider adapting a fridge or freezer. The minimum in this case will be to control the temperature - one of the temperature controllers from Forttex or a similar one from ebay will do this.

Hopefully that's all you'll need to do.

I guess we're best to leave further adaptions until you've done the above. There's no point going into things at this stage that may be unneccesary.

If you have any problem/questions just post them back here.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Iam building curing cambers

Postby stborgke » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:43 pm

A Swedish man thats interesting in charcuteri, bats, running, beer and all other stuff thats make life wearth too living.
stborgke
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies