Commercial fermenting and drying room help

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Commercial fermenting and drying room help

Postby WLS1111 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:28 pm

I'm starting a salumeri in the US, and am having a difficult time finding the right equipment for my fermenting and drying rooms. Do you guys have any suggestions on who I should contact?
WLS1111
Registered Member

Postby BriCan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:11 am

A coincidence that this should crop up at this time as I have been asked to produce hams that are no longer aloud in North America.

Talking the problem of setting up a drying room to hold around 10 degrees C with about 70% humidity (this number I need to recheck) with an ex farmer (greenhouse - tomatoes & cucumbers) that has been running (very badly) a speciality sausage place. His answer/remedy for cheep good equipment was a grow op supplier which I will be looking into

What in specific are you looking for?
But what do I know
BriCan
Registered Member

Postby RodinBangkok » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:55 am

It depends on the size room, but I'd recommend you start at ThomasNet heres one search:

http://www.thomasnet.com/products/humid ... 406-1.html

Talk to some of these folks about your application. I've set up systems that use a 20 foot reefer container, then with the help of hvac people put in a humidity controlled hvac system. The beauty of using a container is their portable self enclosed and can be dropped at at site. The useable space depends on the size air lock you want, and how you design access. But a good used reefer container is hard to beat if you have the space.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
_____

Rod
RodinBangkok
Registered Member

Postby WLS1111 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:07 pm

RodinBangkok wrote:It depends on the size room, but I'd recommend you start at ThomasNet heres one search:

http://www.thomasnet.com/products/humid ... 406-1.html

Talk to some of these folks about your application. I've set up systems that use a 20 foot reefer container, then with the help of hvac people put in a humidity controlled hvac system. The beauty of using a container is their portable self enclosed and can be dropped at at site. The useable space depends on the size air lock you want, and how you design access. But a good used reefer container is hard to beat if you have the space.

Thank you for your help! We are under way with Kroeschell. Couldn't be happier
WLS1111
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies