My First Dry Curing Chamber

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Postby Kizer » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:17 pm

solaryellow wrote:
Kizer wrote:Looks like a great setup!! I have a question about your humidity controls. Does it switch both your humidity and dehumidifier systems? If one goes off does the other go on, or is there a way to set range between the two going on/off? It seems like you would not want the fan to switch on as soon as your humidifier went off. I am shopping for a controller and have seen this one on amazon. Thanks!!

Unfortunately it does Kizer. If it isn't humidifying it is dehumidifying, which irritates me a bit. However, I can't complaint about the output.

Thanks for the reply Solar. It looks like the humidity controls are attached to the outside, correct? I am trying to decide between two separate Dayton controls for humidity, which would have to be inside the unit, and one which I can attach to the outside and run a probe into the unit. Two bad CAP does not make a humidity controller with a humidity range to set.
Kizer
Registered Member

Humidity Problem

Postby pdella52 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:33 pm

Phil, that 's brilliant!

I would never have thought of turning on a heater to use the refrigerator's dehumidification system. I would have thought the heat from the dehumidifier would do the same thing. Obviously it didn't. I will give it a try and let you know how it works out.

thanks
pdella52
Registered Member

Postby solaryellow » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:06 am

Kizer wrote:
Thanks for the reply Solar. It looks like the humidity controls are attached to the outside, correct? I am trying to decide between two separate Dayton controls for humidity, which would have to be inside the unit, and one which I can attach to the outside and run a probe into the unit. Two bad CAP does not make a humidity controller with a humidity range to set.

They are actually on the inside. The only thing on the outside is the temperature controller.
solaryellow
Registered Member

Postby Kizer » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:57 pm

solaryellow wrote:
Kizer wrote:

They are actually on the inside. The only thing on the outside is the temperature controller.

Ahh ok, good to know. Thanks!
Kizer
Registered Member

Curingcamber, how i make it

Postby stborgke » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:50 am

Here is a swedish site where you can se how to make curingcambers

http://korvoteknik.blogspot.com

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
stborgke
Registered Member

Postby solaryellow » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:25 pm

I just want the FUK T label. :D
solaryellow
Registered Member

Postby mitchamus » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:45 pm

solaryellow wrote:I just want the FUKT label. :D

I had a smirk at that too.

:)
Australia - Where the Beef sausage is King.
mitchamus
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Equipment & Supplies