New Grinder

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

New Grinder

Postby golfermd » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:14 am

Just received my new Sausage Maker #32 Stainless grinder. First thing to be ground will be some Chuck Roast for chili. Man that is a heavy unit. Even dropping the retaining ring on the foot would guaranteea broken toe.
Dan

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends..." ELP
golfermd
Registered Member

Postby vagreys » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:44 am

Enjoy! That will make short order of your grinding.
- tom

Don't tell me the odds.

You have the power to donate life
vagreys
Site Admin

Postby ChickenTurtle » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:23 pm

May I ask what make and model it is, and where you got it & for how much please?

I've just been let down by a supplier I ordered from and (legal battle due to ensue) need to find an alternative.
Silence is Golden, but duct tape works better, and that comes in Silver!
ChickenTurtle
Registered Member

Postby golfermd » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:03 pm

I got it from "The Sausage Maker". I got the model #32 (in stainless steel because I wanted to clean it in the dish washer). I believe my cost was around $130, plus shipping. I did learn a valuable lesson the first time I used it. I kept the fill chamber full, which caused it to almost bind up. It takes an Arnold to turn the handle when it is completely full. I also paid for the grinder plate set to have plenty of options for grinds. The first grind was actually done for chili, which requires the next to the most coarse grind. The local supermarket seldom carries chili roast beef, and won't grind a chuck roast locally. That led me to purchasing one.

Dan
Dan

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends..." ELP
golfermd
Registered Member

Postby Wunderdave » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:33 pm

golfermd wrote:...The local supermarket .... won't grind a chuck roast locally.

This is absurd!
Wunderdave
Registered Member

Postby ChickenTurtle » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:46 pm

:( I'm in England so I doubt it would be economically viable to ship anything here from your Sausage Maker people.

Good use of the word 'Arnold' by the way lol. I hope that didn't mean that between grinding beef you felt the urge to slip into the servant's quarters and father a child! :lol:

I'm still leaning towards the electric type mincers, as I'm a lazy critter, but I like the idea of good honest toil and a machine that little can go wrong with.

Maybe the fruits of my labour will taste better, when pulped by hand? Who knows. It's like a fire built with axe chopped logs always makes you hotter than one built with chainsawed logs (because you're hot from the chopping).

Actually this is nonsense. I sawed up a load of logs for my dad back in July and what with all the protective equipment I was wearing (especially the helmet & ear defenders) I was sweating like a blind lesbian in a fish market! :x
Silence is Golden, but duct tape works better, and that comes in Silver!
ChickenTurtle
Registered Member

Postby DangerDan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:07 am

golfermd wrote: I kept the fill chamber full, which caused it to almost bind up. It takes an Arnold to turn the handle when it is completely full.

I bought the same model. I've been using it now for a few years. I have to say, using the hand crank didn't cross my mind. I set up a 3/4hp motor and converted mine. I does pump out ground meat pretty quickly
DangerDan
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies