Uniworld (STV3) Sausage Stuffer

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Uniworld (STV3) Sausage Stuffer

Postby bobqrublic » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Hello,
I'm looking to upgrade to a dedicated stuffer. has anyone had any experience with the Uniworld (STV3) Sausage Stuffer? thanks in advance.
bobqrublic
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi

I can't help with your question - but welcome to the forum anyway.

Phil :D :D
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby Zulululu » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi bobqrublic,
Had a look at their stuffers and they do not seem to be bad at all,at least you also get the tubes with. :)
No one knows more than all of us.
Zulululu
Registered Member

Postby bobqrublic » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:44 pm

Thanks for the welcome and the reply! I think I'm going to have to find a place where I can touch some stuffers before I pull the trigger.
bobqrublic
Registered Member

Postby JLPicard » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:46 pm

My STV3 finally arrived today and here are some pics:

I ordered two of these from Amazon supplier Houseware's Only. The price I paid was $211.12 shipped. I ordered two because they were giving 10% off if you ordered two, I am going to sell the second one locally. I haven't used it yet, but will be soon, I have about 125 lbs of deer meat to process. I will report my findings.
JLPicard
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:02 pm

It looks really nice JeanLuc :D
Curing is not an exact science... So it's not a sin to bin.

Great hams, from little acorns grow...
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby littlejoenc » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:24 am

It looks like it has metal gears..
If so , Would you rate this one better than the 5 lbs stuffer that northern tool has?
You Can't Kill A Man Born To Hang
littlejoenc
Registered Member

Postby JLPicard » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:15 am

I haven't even used it yet, but I looked at all the stuffers in this price range, and this one with the metal gears, and the good price I managed to get from this vendor on Amazon led me to purchase this one.
JLPicard
Registered Member

Postby SausageBoy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:57 am

Please let us know how it works for you.
It looks very well built, but it seems like that big elbow at the bottom would be a nuisance leaving a lot of left-over un-stuffed meat as opposed to other designs.

:?:
SausageBoy
Registered Member

Postby JLPicard » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:32 am

I used it today, and compared to my old stuffer, one of the curved horn ones, this one is heaven. The curved elbow did leave a lot of unstuffed meat that's for sure. I gathered it up after reversing the plunger and fried it up for my lunch. I am afraid I don't have any experience with any other type of vertical stuffer, but I am surely pleased with this one. It does take a bit to reverse the plunger out, but it isn't laborious that's for sure.
JLPicard
Registered Member

Postby JLPicard » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:26 pm

UPDATE: I have put about sixty pounds of meat thru this stuffer and can report my findings and some of the problems I have encountered with this stuffer.

Yes, when you get to the bottom, there is enough left in the curved horn that leads to the stuffing tube to fill another link. It's a pain to extract and get into the casing. The plunger does clear out all of the sausage at the bottom of the filling chamber, just the curved horn problem.

When you are stuffing a dryish meat mix it does get difficult to turn the crank. I think there is quite a bit of friction between the vertical threaded rod and the threaded insert it turns on to lower it. It moves quite easily without any resistance against it, but if there is some stiff meat behind the plunger it can be a chore to turn. I have resolved to make sure my mixtures are more fluid next time.

In the above circumstance, I don't completely trust the cast aluminum handle to NOT break.

Also in the above circumstance, you will need to clamp the base down. Not only are you struggling to turn the handle, you will have to hold the thing down with the other hand as you are using quite a bit of force to turn the crank. Clamping the base resolved this.

I think the stuffer operates fine unless you do as I do and mix up 30 pounds of hard, dry Venison Summer Sausage mix. It taxes the stuffer. The Italian and breakfast sausage I put thru it went easily, well for me it did anyway, my wife is still in recovery. :wink:
JLPicard
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies