14mm stuffing nozzle ???

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

14mm stuffing nozzle ???

Postby raze1000 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi all
I am totally new to this forum and even sausage making.

I just got a hand mincer with sausage attachment and made my first batch of pork and leek which turned out fantastic after a bit of a struggle.

The attachment with the mincer is about 19 or 20mm straight type and only 60mm in length, so I had to cut the collagen tubes before the struggle to fit them on.

I believe it to be similar to porkert size 5 as the back is exactly 53mm.

Does anybody know where I could source a nozzle suitable to fit this mincer which would allow use of casings between 23 - 28mm ?

I believe a 14mm would be suitable for these.
weschenfelder only do a 10mm and 20mm size 5 set.
raze1000
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:11 pm

Sorry, I missed your post! :oops:

A somewhat belated Welcome! :D :D

You could check with the shop as to whether these are size #5 (53mm)

http://www.sausagemaking.org/acatalog/R ... Tubes.html

HTH

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby raze1000 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:05 pm

Thanks for the reply

But I took the plunge and went and bought the 2 tubes from weschenfelder and they fit perfectly.
They fit better than the one that comes with the mincer.
The 10mm nozzle is tapered slightly so they can fit a full 28mm collagen tube on without any problems.
It will also be great for the smaller casings too.
size at the back is 53mm

Very pleased with them and the larger tube will do nicely for hog casings.
raze1000
Registered Member

Stuffing horns

Postby spliffed » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:25 pm

I bought a set of stainless horns from Nisbets for around £20 for a set of 4. They are brilliant to use. Not tapered like the plastic ones with the smallest being 15mm. I had to modify mine because the base on my stuffer is 58mm and these were 52. All i did was buy a plastic cutting board from tesco (about £3) drilled out a round using a suitable hole saw and then drilled out an inner hole. Cleaned it up screwed it together with the stainless horn and voila.. worked brilliantly.. Stuffed around 54kg and worked brilliantly
spliffed
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:47 pm

I too prefer metal horns that aren't tapered. That's a great tip with the cutting board.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Stuffing horn

Postby spliffed » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:06 pm

wheels wrote:I too prefer metal horns that aren't tapered. That's a great tip with the cutting board.

Phil

After i bought them and realised the base was different i hunted for hours on end on the net trying to find a spacer before the idea dawned on me. The cutting board is about 6mm thick. Another tip is to cut out starting in the corner so if you make a mistake the whole of the rest of the board is available for further cutouts. I reckon you can get about a dozen cutouts so 12 mistakes before you need another. Cheap hole saw sets are widely available on ebay.. Oh yes and remember the hole saw size is the outside diameter so make an allowance .. I think I used a 63mm hole saw to fit a 58mm base
spliffed
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies