meat mixer

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

meat mixer

Postby thepiggerpicture » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:01 am

can anyone give me and cons about this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meat-mixer-us ... 792wt_1156

or perhaps suggest one which is suitable for about 5kg of meat?

thank you!
thepiggerpicture
Registered Member

Postby Big Guy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:39 am

I have one and it works perfect, 20lb limit, Works fine with a 10# load. Saves frozen fingers. The only con I can think of is its a lot to clean up . I do several batches in a row and only have to clean it once.
Big Guy
Registered Member

Meat Mixer

Postby spliffed » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:15 pm

i have a similar mixer as well as a bigger one I imported from the States. We make large batches twice a year (50kg +) and have actually reverted back to hand mixing. They are a pain to clean. the one I imported from the States broke after the second mix. Of course its a case of each to their own but in our experience mixing by hand (sure you get horribly cold fingers) is as quick (in a large Stainless container) easier to load onto my mincer ( a beauty i got from my local butchers for £100 - minces as fast as you can push it in) and just the stainless container to clean. The mixer does the trick but in my opinion not worth the hassle especially for small amounts.
spliffed
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:08 pm

I've never used one - but for 5kg mixes I wouldn't bother (unless there's a specific reason for wanting one).

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby Double RR » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:51 am

i have a 50 lb mixer from cabelas that connects to the grinder it only works good if you have a large batch over 25lbs it is a pain to clean and i wont use it a waste of $300.00 the 20 lb is probably alot better choice
Double RR
Newly Registered

Re: Meat Mixer

Postby SteveW » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:09 am

my mincer ( a beauty i got from my local butchers for £100 - minces as fast as you can push it in)

Hey Spliffed,
I guess you get through some herbs hey? :lol: :lol: Does your butcher sell grinders as a sidleline or was it a one off. I'm looking to upgrade if there's a bargain going.
SteveW
Registered Member

Meat Mixer

Postby spliffed » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:40 am

Hey Spliffed,
I guess you get through some herbs hey? Laughing Laughing Does your butcher sell grinders as a sidleline or was it a one off. I'm looking to upgrade if there's a bargain going.

8) Or a miss spent youth? :)
Sorry Steve it was a one off. My butcher had dropped the great big nut that holds the worm gear and mincer plate and cracked it. Not realising in this day and age that we now have the facility to weld cast iron he bought a new mincer ( I think he was looking at buying a new one anyway) and the one I bought off him was just gathering cobwebs (and he had subsequently had the nut welded). Just got lucky. A good clean and mincing suddenly became quick and easy. Mind you it weighs a ton and is a pig to move into the kitchen when I need it (needs two to move it). Thinking of making a steel stand with castors.
spliffed
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies