Percent Calculator Major Update.

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Percent Calculator Major Update.

Postby Oddley » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:16 pm

Hi guy's
I have done a major update to Percent Calculator, because I'm using it quite a bit and found that not being able to copy and paste the answer a bit time consuming. I've also made the boxes capable of separating a decimal number. The app has had a GUI update as well.

Updates:

1: Use the copy button to copy answer or highlight and copy
2: Separates decimal numbers
3: GUI
4: Bug Fixes

How to use Percent Calculator

Say you have the following sausage recipe and you want to make a 250 gm spice mix:

35.75 % Lean beef
35.75 % lean pork
25 % fat
3 % Spice mix
0.5 % Fig Balsamic vinegar

Spice mix

53.3333 % salt
5.2 % White Pepper
5.2 % Black Pepper
19.2 % Coriander
2 % ground Cloves
2.4 % ground nutmeg
6 % Cayenne pepper
6.6667 % Smoked paprika

Then as you can see from the above image. Put the 250 gm in the Initial amount and the salt % in the From % do this for the rest of the spice mix and you will end up with all the weights of spices to make a 250 gm spice mix.

Then the other way round If you want to make up a % list of spices so you can make spice mix's of the weight you choose.

If you have a list of spice weights for a spice mix. Add up the weight of the spice mix and put it in the Initial amount of the to percent box then put the weights of the individual spices in the Amount To % boxes.

If you want to download My program then:

CLICK HERE

Or if that don't work

CLICK HERE

Please tell me if you use it and like it, or inform me of any bugs. If I get no reply's I won't bother to post it again as there will be no interest.
Last edited by Oddley on Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Oddley
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:33 pm

Oddley

I have D/L it. I couldn't understand the original one when I was new to this, but over the last few days of spending a lot of time with a calculator whilst processing my 1/2 pig, I feel that this prog will be of use for the next 1/2 pig... which won't be that far away. The wife thinks I'm obsessed with mutilating dead animals LOL :shock:

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies