My Mincer broke - recommendation for a new one please

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

My Mincer broke - recommendation for a new one please

Postby jimlard » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:17 am

Hello, I have a Kitchen Craft manual mincer which came with a sausage stuffing tube, I have minced about 10lb of pork and the Nylon washer has worn out leaving bits of nylon in the meat. I'm really disappointed with the quality of the mincer, the cutting blades don't seem to fit flush with the mincing plate which results in the holes becoming blocked very quickly. I've tightened it as much as I can but it didn't cut any better, just resulted in a worn out washer.
I need a manual mincer to replace it, can anyone recommend a model please?
Many thanks.
jimlard
Registered Member

Postby jenny_haddow » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:57 am

If you are going with a manual mincer Porkert are good. I have one in France with which I've made several batches of sausages.

HTH

Jen
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Postby jimlard » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:40 pm

jenny_haddow wrote:If you are going with a manual mincer Porkert are good. I have one in France with which I've made several batches of sausages.

HTH

Jen

Thanks Jen, I will be going with another manual mincer as I have limited space and funds. I shall look up Porkert, thank you :D

Regards
Jim
jimlard
Registered Member

Postby jimlard » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:43 pm

My Porkert #12 manual mincer arrived today. I have just minced 3kg of shoulder pork with no trouble what so ever, I'm really pleased. It didn't block up once, it actually looked like mince coming out and not the mush that I was getting with the Kitchen Craft mincer.
Thanks for the recommendation Jenny :D
jimlard
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies