New gears for sausage stuffer

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

New gears for sausage stuffer

Postby c day » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:23 am

Hello all,I broke the large gear on my sausage stuffer its the 5lb vertical one from northern tool I spoke with them and they said 3-6 months for them to get the gear ,I can't wait that long. Anyone know were to source them in the uk or ireland.thanks conor
c day
Registered Member

Postby solaryellow » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:54 pm

I had the same problem and replaced the nylon gear with a replacement set from Grizzly that were steel. The thread on the Northern Tool stuffer is slightly different which has caused the Grizzly gears to not line up properly. It is doable, but it is going to reduce the life of the stuffer.
solaryellow
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:19 pm

The only thing I can think of is to try Northern tool in the US to see if they have one. They say that they ship to the UK on the US site.

HTH

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby Wunderdave » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:16 pm

My northern tool gear broke and I shipped the whole stuffer back and had a warranty replacement within about 2 weeks. Your mileage may vary - I'm in the USA shipping to the USA.
Wunderdave
Registered Member

Postby mitchamus » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:26 am

Another option might be to see if there are a group of mechanical engineers, steam enthusiasts, mechanics or something like that in your area.

From my experience - guys with metal lathes are always looking for excuses to use them!
Australia - Where the Beef sausage is King.
mitchamus
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies