Mixer?

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Mixer?

Postby barry » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:37 pm

How do you mix your sausage meat and ingredients and get an even mix.
barry
Registered Member

Postby sausagemaker » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:25 pm

Hi Barry

I tend to mix the meats with the water first, then add the rusk & seasoning. Mix well in & empty

Hope this helps
Regards
Sausagemaker
Advice
Often sought, seldom taken
sausagemaker
Registered Member

Postby TJ Buffalo » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:14 pm

Usually I take about 1/3 of the meat or so, mix in about 1/3 of the spices and enough liquid to keep it soft. Repeat for the rest in 1/3 amounts, then do a final mix of all the spiced meat.
TJ Buffalo
Global Moderator

Postby barry » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:24 am

A butcher friend of mine invited me into his shop the other day to see how he made his sausage and show me how to link. He mixed all his dry ingredients and added the water and mixed again. He put the pork on the mincer tray and spread the ingredients on the top then minced the whole lot twice. They looked good but i did'nt try them. does this sound ok.
barry
Registered Member

Postby sausagemaker » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:35 pm

Hi Barry

He mixed all his dry ingredients and added the water and mixed again. He put the pork on the mincer tray and spread the ingredients on the top then minced the whole lot twice.

Yes this method is used by most butchers but the trick is to get in minced & stuffed before it becomes too stiff.
The other thing worth a mention is that when a seasoning contains a preservative (I assume the butchers does) then as soon as this wets out it gives of the preservative in the form of gas, if you do this in the rusk then you have less left for the meat which is why it is best to spread the seasoning into the meat.

Hope this helps
Regards
Sausagemaker
Advice
Often sought, seldom taken
sausagemaker
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies