chicken bunger

chicken bunger

Postby homer » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:29 pm

had a slapdash throw of spatchcock chicken chucked on the kamado over the weekend..OMG came out perfect, just seems to go well sometimes when you go at it half arsed :D
why oh why do people still cook chickens whole? they take almost twice as long to cook and parts tend to dry out!, spatchcock is the way everytime now for me

spatchcocked the chicken, threw it in a bag with 4 chopped cloves of garlic, 1 chopped up lemon deseeded and 2 oxo cubes, grind of black pepper, sprinkle of dried mixed herbs, left it in the fridge for an hour (in a rush)then left it out for another hour to warm up a little
kamado set to indirect heat at 375f, laid it straight onto the bars with the heat deflector underneath, cooked to 165f with the probe stuck in the thickest part of the breast,then quick spray of oil over the skin then left to 172f took just over an hour, foiled and rested for 20 mins then woof :drool:
even in the indoor oven its spatchcock from now on
Other half moaned on about me finding new hobbies ..found this site..now she's sorry!!
homer
Registered Member

Re: chicken bunger

Postby NCPaul » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:41 pm

Sounds good to me!
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Re: chicken bunger

Postby NathanPas » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:48 pm

This sounds delicious, Homer. Did you try this with anything else besides chicken?
Here are some highly effective fat burners for men that work like a charm.
NathanPas
Newly Registered

Return to Smoking and Barbecuing