Holy Smoke Sausageman

Holy Smoke Sausageman

Postby THING » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:38 pm

The time of year is fast approaching, yes, BBQ season. We at "Hoff, Benaud & Orton" stage annual events set to a theme, last year was a Japanese Bukkake theme and this year we plan to hold a superhero theme.

However, we don't just dress up, we try and arrange our menu to fit the tone of the day.

For example this year we'll be having "Vegetarian HULK burgers" and "Doc Ock BBQ squid", but thats where we have run out of steam :cry:

Anybody out there have any superhero themed suggestions?

Please help, we're not as young at heart as we thought :lol:
THING

Postby aris » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:54 pm

I don't think I want to know what the Bukkake themes food was :shock:
aris
Site Admin

Postby THING » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:31 pm

aris wrote:I don't think I want to know what the Bukkake themes food was :shock:

Its where the food is prepared on a hotplate, its great for steak and seafood. Our local Chinese buffet does it despite it being a Japanese method. You should try it its not as bad as it sounds.
THING

Postby Wohoki » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:42 pm

Bukkake is a technique used to present noodle dishes in Japan: the cold, cooked noodles are placed in a bowl with the main flavourings (meat, fish, veg) on top, and the dish is heated by the consumer by pouring hot mirrin based broth over the top at the table.
Not sure where your Chinese place got their definition, I thought the Japanese table-grill thing was called yakitori .

(The other usage of Bukkake is primarily used in the West, and I, too, wondered how you could combine it with BBQ without ending up in A&E with a dodgy question or two to answer :? )
Wohoki
Registered Member

Postby THING » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:02 pm

Well the last time I had a Bukkake dish it was mainly prime cuts of steak served with onions and topped with chilli oil. There were noodles and squid on offer but I didn't feel too adventurous at the time.

Anyway, not wanting to get bogged down in a Bukkake discussion, has anybody got any Superhero recipe ideas? We're hoping to print up a menu/invite in the style of a comic and so far we only have two solid ideas.

Any suggestions?
THING

Postby Wohoki » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:06 pm

You could do something with a Howard the Duck theme (Howard vs. the Orange Saucerers perhaps?)

How about a dessert called Fudge Dredd?
Wohoki
Registered Member

Postby THING » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:08 pm

Wohoki wrote:You could do something with a Howard the Duck theme (Howard vs. the Orange Saucerers perhaps?)

How about a dessert called Fudge Dredd?

:D

That's brilliant, I'll put it to my business partners.

If you can think of anymore it'd be greatly appreciated.
THING

Postby Deer Man » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:21 pm

What about Bannana man!
Safe Shooting, Good Hunting, Eat Well!
Deer Man
Registered Member

Postby THING » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:24 pm

Deer Man wrote:What about Bannana man!

Thats the idea, I'd forgotten about Bananaman, thank you.

Anymore?
THING

Postby aris » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:36 pm

THING wrote:
aris wrote:I don't think I want to know what the Bukkake themes food was :shock:

Its where the food is prepared on a hotplate, its great for steak and seafood. Our local Chinese buffet does it despite it being a Japanese method. You should try it its not as bad as it sounds.

Yes, well if somone didn't know what Bukkake was, and looked it up on the internet - they'd probably come across this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukkake

:o
aris
Site Admin

Postby THING » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:47 pm

That is absolutely disgusting, I resent the insinuation that our annual BBQ was a sexual free-for-all.

I can assure everybody that the Bukkake that I was referring to was not the sexual kind.

Can we please address the topic of the suggested Superhero themed BBQ, unless anybody can find some perverted misnomer that equates to S&M or something.
THING

Postby Wohoki » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:03 pm

I'm kind of disapointed.
Wohoki
Registered Member

Postby aris » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:49 pm

Yes, me too :twisted:
aris
Site Admin

Postby Paul Kribs » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:53 pm

I must admit to having a gasp at the mention of Bukkake in an innocent sausage forum.. having seen some films of a different nature containing the aforementioned. I will admit to being ignorant of the 'real' Japanese transalation.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby welsh wizard » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:21 am

Moving away from, well you know and back to the subject at hand, what about Superham or Spiderham burgers.

Cheers WW
welsh wizard
Registered Member

Next

Return to Smoking and Barbecuing