Easy to Make Cold Smoke Generator

Postby Hoggy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:08 pm

I realize I am not clear enough with the possibilities to set this thermostat.
I can change the difference between high and low ALSO, so I could also set it at 65-70F as well.
Hoggy
" The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. " ( Frank Hebert )
Hoggy
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:43 pm

With regard to your previous post Hoggy, Probably best to start a new thread in the curing area, with a note in here to direct people there. I have enjoyed your photos, by the way :D
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby saucisson » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:50 pm

Or perhaps you could resurrect this thread:

http://forum.sausagemaking.org/viewtopic.php?t=2610

Dave
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby Iamarealbigdog » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:09 pm

done, see you all in that thread curing box pic and design
Cheers from The Big Dog
www.lesnoiracochon.com
http://blog.lesnoiracochon.com

Where tasty things happen
Iamarealbigdog
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:57 pm

I found a stainless steel tea caddy that is a perfect fit inside the pasta pot as an inner liner, I'm now smoking two whole salmon as an experiment.

Dave
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby saucisson » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:49 pm

Perfect :)
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby Richierich » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:19 am

Definately time to get this CSG sorted, tried to smoke a side of salmon this morning, been messing about for an hour trying to keep the wood smouldering, soldering iron, charcoal, now even the bloody charcoal is going out! Only way I could sustain any sort of smoke was with the soldering iron in it, no good when its raining, mind you the garage smells lovely!

So, I may have to accept that I will have to duct in the smoke rather than use my sweetcorn can in the bottom, I think its too wide and the flow of air through it seems to be too weak.

Currently got some charcoal on the barbecue to get heated through, then will try it in the wood chips, hopefully I can get enough smoke to actually flavour the salmon.

Must get my head around what to do with the 4" diameter steel pipe I have got in the garage.
Richierich
Registered Member

Postby Richierich » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:20 am

Was gonna tell you all about the problems with getting my wood smouldering, wrote a lovely message and then got the dreaded error message.

Just about sums up my morning!
Richierich
Registered Member

Postby ArteMiss » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:03 pm

Guys....

I actually bought one of these the other day! Came all the way from the States for the princely sum of �17.65 inc p&p.

Did think of making one - but my thoughts were along the lines of, by the time I'd gone trucking round for all the bits it was just easier to buy one.

Haven't got around to trying it yet but looks fairly good especially for the price.

Not sure it will replace my Bradley but I like to try different kinds of smoking so will give it a whirl anyway :wink:
ArteMiss
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:12 am

A bit of editing required once the forum is back on it's feet :)

Dave
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby Hoggy » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:28 pm

Hey Dave,
Glad it is working out fine for you. What is the setup for your wood in the can ?

I wanted to make a remark to some other members: it is not always a matter of work versus money, many people just want to make " their own thing ", the have already a smoker they made themselves and fix their own " thing " with joy, and are proud of that. For me, if I would calculate all the money I spent on the complete rig ( oh.....hope my girlfriend is not gonna read this... :oops: ), I could have bought the best rig on the Net I guess. But I have something " of my own "....made by myself. and am very happy and proud of that.

Don't take me wrong, this is not a lecture, it's just sometimes people want to do their own thing, and most of the times pay a high price for that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take care / Hoggy
" The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. " ( Frank Hebert )
Hoggy
Registered Member

old Fridge to Smoker conversion1

Postby allforumemail » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Hi Guys,

I would like to make the update for the Fridge to Smoker project.
Finally I was able to pick up the fridge or I could say the castle...........!!!!!

Mann this thing is tooo haivy. we were 4 guys and it was very hard to get out of the basement to my minivan

The wonderful news it worth the pain as every thing in this old fridge is just made of metal even the door panel, so Hoggy I will not be worry for changing it :)

here are some pics.
[/img]
allforumemail
Registered Member

Postby allforumemail » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:10 am

here are the pics

allforumemail
Registered Member

Postby Hoggy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:13 am

Lucky guy....you forgot the pics
Hoggy
Hoggy
Registered Member

Re: old Fridge to Smoker conversion1

Postby allforumemail » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:16 am

allforumemail wrote:Hi Guys,

I would like to make the update for the Fridge to Smoker project.
Finally I was able to pick up the fridge or I could say the castle...........!!!!!

Mann this thing is tooo haivy. we were 4 guys and it was very hard to get out of the basement to my minivan

The wonderful news it worth the pain as every thing in this old fridge is just made of metal even the door panel, so Hoggy I will not be worry for changing it :)

here are some pics.
[/img]

allforumemail
Registered Member

PreviousNext

Return to Smoking and Barbecuing