Easy to Make Cold Smoke Generator

Postby Hoggy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:20 pm

Tell her not to worry, the world is full with wives who worry about initiatives of their husband, and it keeps the relationship alive.
Better a smoking relationship the no relationship...
I am worried when my girlfriend goes shopping with her mother. No for the money, but for coming back with things that she never wears, her closet is full with that. I bet I could make a nice smoke house of that closet..... :lol:

Hoggy
" The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. " ( Frank Hebert )
Hoggy
Registered Member

Postby allforumemail » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:31 pm

Hoggy wrote:Hi guys,

Here is the result, it is finished except for some painting and other small stuf. his is only a VERY small update, later next week I will update the site.
On top you see the thermostate for the heating element inside
On the right the cold smoke generater
On the left my MEGA condenser/cooler
The smoke coming out of the condenser/cooler is ONLY 0,7 degree higher the the outside temperature.......... :lol:

Few comments on previous posts :
* I don't want water filtration or a bong, now as it is I am able to smoke 8 hours in one shot, if I need to force the smoke through water I need more air and pressure, that will decrease my burning time.
If I use an overflow or something like that, that would be the same as above, but I have a valve under the condersor, if I open that one the condense water comes out and after that the smoke comes out, a perfect check without that I need to open anything.......and the condenser can take 1,5 LITER before the water rises to the outlet into the smoker !!!
And I also do not know the effect on the quality of the smoke when I would use a bong, anyone experience with that ?

So...you like it ?

Hoggy

Hi Hoggy,
would you please explain the fridge into smoker conversion?
with some pics will be very good too?
Thanks
allforumemail
Registered Member

Postby Hoggy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:22 pm

This is a fridge from "the old days", very solid, good isolated, and what is more important, it was Ssteel inside, except for the door. I replaced the plastic door panel inside with a Ssteel plate. I bought this fridge at a garage sale of my neighbours for 20 bucks.
So ready to smoke in this version. After that I added the stove, see previous posts, but it was too hard to control, for that the change. I can recommened a fridge like that to everyone.
Hoggy
" The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. " ( Frank Hebert )
Hoggy
Registered Member

Postby Hoggy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:11 pm

Allforumemail, when I update the site I will show a few pics more from the inside. I must have a lot of pics from the time I did the real transformation last year, but I can't find them. I remember that, before I started, I used a lot of info from different forums. This is only about making a cold smoke generator, so I did not focus on that.

Hoggy
Hoggy
Registered Member

Postby Hangin_Salami » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:54 pm

I converted the same fridge, I was going to post some pictures but after seeing yours, I think I'll refrain lol.

Very nice rig! Mine has a propane burner and a rotisserie. :oops:

Chris
Hangin_Salami
Registered Member

Cold Smoker

Postby Porky Pa » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:51 pm

HI group
I was on vacation for the month of Feb I see that some of you have been busy making cold smoke generators . When I was making mine I went thru a lot of testing also and found that the more complicated you make it the more problems you have to solve. So I kept it simple. I do like some of your ideas but to keep it affordable I�m going to stay with my design. I may start to make one a bit larger so you don�t have to load it every 3 hrs, for someone who wants to smoke for a longer period of time. I see that someone has already copied my idea and is trying to selling them on ebay. This shows me that it must be a good idea and that I�m glad that I filed for a patent of my design. Me web page is http://porkypas.com Look for SMOKE DADDY cold smoker generator on ebay

Thanks Porky Pa
Porky Pa
Registered Member

Postby Hoggy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:13 pm

Porky Pa,

I would like to clear up some air, bacause I feel some sort of strange mood in your message.

Let me start telling you that I have 14 patents on my name and 8 Industrial Designs, creating new ideas and transforming those in a designs is my job, actually it is my hobby now, because I live from the licenses I sell on those patents. I saw your "idea " one year ago on ebay, and the first thing I did was a check-up on IP protection. This idea is NOT NEW and IF you filed for a patent you will probably not get it because I found it in Prior Art. Filing for a patent in ONLY the USA cost around 12.000 $ ( if you are lucky they accept immidiately ) and it will be hard to gain back that money with selling CSM's for 35.00 $ But if you say you filed for one, it is fine by me.
Secondly I don't know who is selling more on Ebay, but it would be a surprise if it would be one of us from the forum.
Third : one is able to make a protected devise like this for yourself as long as it is for personal use
Fourth : what I am doing is for my father in law, it is a present and I want that it looks GREAT, I know it is the only thing that will please him, and he will show this with GREAT proud to everyone when he will be smoking at his sommerhouse. For that I spent some money on it, I don't mind, I can afford it..... For me, I am only interested in creating something new, non existing or an improvement, I think I added more then 2 cents, interchangable cans ( VERY SIMPLE & inexpensive ) burning solid wood and LONG burning times and a cooler/condenser.
Fifth : making it expensive was my own choice, in a previous post I have put a picture on with a very simple and cheap setup, this setup will cost not more then 10 bucks for the forum members, because I assume they have already the air pump.
Six, I have read SEVERAL posts from you on SEVERAL forums. They all had the same goal : presenting yourself as the seller and telling everyone how much work and knowledge you put in the system. And you tell them where you can buy your CSM.

Well, we do the same overhere, but this is not Ebay ! We exchange knowledge to improve what we have and only for ourselves ! You should be happy with this, learn from it and try to use it for yourself, we don't mind I am sure. But keep your tone positive, and don't try to bring good ideas from others down, we are not competition we only are all people who want to do things ourselves because you are not the only one who has ideas.

Hoggy
Hoggy
Registered Member

Postby allforumemail » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:24 am

Thanks Hoggy,

I 'm checking your website more often now and waiting for the updates

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us

Hoggy wrote:Allforumemail, when I update the site I will show a few pics more from the inside. I must have a lot of pics from the time I did the real transformation last year, but I can't find them. I remember that, before I started, I used a lot of info from different forums. This is only about making a cold smoke generator, so I did not focus on that.

Hoggy
allforumemail
Registered Member

Postby Hoggy » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:01 am

Hi all,
This will be one of my last posts. I have added a pic which is pretty self-explaining. I will not update the site any more, I will keep it on for a few weeks and then I will take it off. If you want the pics you need to save them. also the ones in these posts.
I will come to the forum so now and then to answer questions if there are any.
Good luck all of you with your CSG.
Hoggy
Hoggy
Registered Member

Cold Smoker

Postby Porky Pa » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:33 am

Hi Hoggy,
OUCH! Please know that I enjoy the exchange of ideas and am open to a little constructive criticism. My design and choice of materials is intended for those without the resources to produce one or prefer a complete and inexpensive product. Your version is more elaborate and is certainly impressive, but couldn�t be produced in the price range I aim for.
I do enjoy promoting my product but to be honest, I have been a little miffed that a particular E-bayer purchased a CSG from me, copied it exactly, and began to sell it on E-bay as well. Please don�t think I mind anyone making their own or that I�m trying to look down on the efforts of others.
I realize mine isn�t the first produced but is improved over ones from the past that I�m familiar with. I�ve had a patent search completed with favorable results. I hope you�re mistaken about the outcome. Wish me luck and thanks.
Porky Pa
Registered Member

Postby Hangin_Salami » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:26 am

There is only one way to setle this.........A cook-off!!! And I'm the judge! :D
Hangin_Salami
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:31 am

Personally, I find everybody's contributions very welcome, whether commercially driven or not. As a moderator I was especially pleased that Porky Pa was open enough to let us know who he was and what his connection with porkypas.com was.

Dave :D

PS as far as I am aware the other Ebayer Porky Pa referred to is not a member of these forums, I think PP was just making a general comment.

Out of interest, there is a different design of commercial cold smoker available here:

http://www.smokepistol.com/facteasystart.html
http://www.smokepistol.co.uk/Smokepistol.html

As was pointed out to me when I introduced/played around with my cardboard tube cold smoker ideas in another thread.
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby wallie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:33 pm

Dave
I have just been looking at the two websites you posted for the Smoke pistol and lo and behold the good old rip off UK price:
The US site price $44.95 and Bullets $5.99
The UK site price �84.99 amd Bullets �9.99

The UK price is not double its nearly quadtruple!
I know there is shipping and a different voltage but surely that price is a bit excessive.
I think I will emigrate
wall
wallie
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:28 am

I wonder what I could use this stainless steel container for? :lol:

Dave
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby Hoggy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:37 pm

It's obvious.....it's written PASTA on it 8)
Hoggy
Registered Member

PreviousNext

Return to Smoking and Barbecuing