Prky Pa's smoker review

Smoke Daddy cold smoker

Postby Porky Pa » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:10 pm

Thank Dave
I have made a few changes to my original design to make it easier to use and safer to operate. I also offer 3 different sizes. I'm working on a web site that will offer the Smoke Daddy's. I hate to say it but the fees that Ebay and Pay Pal are charging are getting pretty high and I hate to raise my prices I will post a link as soon as it is up and runing.
Thanks
Dennis AKA Porky Pa
Porky Pa
Registered Member

Postby Zulululu » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:31 pm

Hi Dennis,
I have three patents and I can tell you it costs an arm and a leg to keep them going.I sometimes wonder if patenting is worth all the hassel if you consider the cost of defending them.I think good quality, product back-up and price will keep you in the market. Instead of some attorney making more money out your patent than you do.Have you considered putting a copper tube extending out the side at the bottom of your container so that you can light it without removing the bottom by heating up the tube with a blow tourch?
No one knows more than all of us.
Zulululu
Registered Member

Smoke Daddy Cold Smoker

Postby Porky Pa » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:15 am

Thanks for the advice. I do have an attorney who is helping me with any legal problems that might come up. I agree making a good quality product is the key to success. As for your lighting suggestion it sound interesting. For right now I think I will stay with what I have. I will have to think about that one .
Porky Pa
Porky Pa
Registered Member

Postby sprouts101 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:20 pm

I bought a smoker from porky pa about 4 weeks ago, brilliant piece of kit. I went for a small model which is more than enough for my needs and have been really impressed. Simple design, quality material and it works! Arrived from USA in about 4 or 5 days which was good too.
Because I can!
sprouts101
Registered Member

Smoke Daddy Cold smoker

Postby Porky Pa » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:46 am

Thanks sprouts for the nice review. I really do believe in making a quality product. I can do this because I�m a home based business. I do all the machining assembly, packaging, advertising etc without having to worrying about the bottom line. I just got my new web page up and running http://porkypas.com and I�m starting to offer 220v pumps for international orders.
Thanks
Porky Pa
Porky Pa
Registered Member

Postby lemonD » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:19 am

Porky Pa,
Are the 220v pumps 50hz/cycles? If their 60hz/cycles they will run slower.

Edit: Just a thought these are not motor driven, I haven't got a clue what happens to induction driven :?

LD
lemonD
Registered Member

Smoke Daddy

Postby Porky Pa » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:28 pm

I spoke to my supplier and it looks like it will cost me 3 times what you could buy one for with all the importing. You can get a air pump from a pet aquarium store in you area with 220v. A air pump for a 10gl tank will work. I just started to offer the 220v pumps and I didn�t expert it to be that much more Sorry about that.
Dennis AKA Porky Pa
Porky Pa
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Smoking and Barbecuing