Continuous CSG using saw dust

Postby saucisson » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:37 pm

:( That's awful Hoggy. So it was just by using pellets instead of dust? My deepest condolences. I hope Mk II is up and running soon.

Dave
Curing is not an exact science... So it's not a sin to bin.

Great hams, from little acorns grow...
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby DrSweetsmoke2 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:06 pm

have you thought about building the unit in a stainless box rather then plastic?
DrSweetsmoke2
Registered Member

Postby Hoggy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:00 pm

have you thought about building the unit in a stainless box rather then plastic?

Yes I have, but as long as I am in an experimental phase I prefer to go easy and cheap, A plastic contaner is easy to manipulate with a stanley knife, soldering iron and hot-glue. Using SSteel wouldn't have changed the outcome, only I would have saved the box.

The air-tight food container was around 6 $, can't make it from SSteel for that money....

Hoggy
" The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. " ( Frank Hebert )
Hoggy
Registered Member

Postby Zulululu » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:38 pm

Hi Hoggy,
Sorry about your burn out, looking forward to your next ceation. :cry:
No one knows more than all of us.
Zulululu
Registered Member

Postby DrSweetsmoke2 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:52 pm

Hoggy wrote:

Yes I have, but as long as I am in an experimental phase I prefer to go easy and cheap, A plastic contaner is easy to manipulate with a stanley knife, soldering iron and hot-glue. Using SSteel wouldn't have changed the outcome, only I would have saved the box.

The air-tight food container was around 6 $, can't make it from SSteel for that money....

Hoggy

Very true and if you were not in Canada I would send you a stainless box to help support the effort. Keep moving forward Hoggy it's a great project.
Doc
DrSweetsmoke2
Registered Member

Postby Hoggy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:08 pm

Very true and if you were not in Canada I would send you a stainless box to help support the effort.

Lol Doc.....thanks for the offer, but it is not about the money....it's about being able to do easy modifications, which is less easy to do with stainless steel.

AND, I would NEVER replace plastic for stainless steel, because of any fire hazard....in that case I wouldn't do it at all......the ventilator was just a bad idea, let's face it.

I am on low profile right now with my efforts, as have to make my money in 4 months a year, and my season has just started, so don't think I gave up.

Hoggy
" The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. " ( Frank Hebert )
Hoggy
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Smoking and Barbecuing