ABT'S BUTT BURNERS

ABT'S BUTT BURNERS

Postby SmokenDevo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 am

Made some Abt's today. That stands for Atomic Buffalo Turds.

Directions:

Preheat smoker to high.
Remove stem from peppers and slice each pepper length-ways.
Clean out all seeds and white membrane. I highly recommend wearing some type of gloves during this process. The pepper juice can cause adverse side effects. Set peppers aside.
Take the cooked meat product and place it in a food processor along with 1/2 of the rub. Chop until meat is ground and mixed but not by any means a paste.
Fill each pepper half with meat. Set aside.
Take softened cream cheese and pinch off a piece about the size of the pepper.
Mold the cream cheese to form the opposite side of the pepper on top of the meat. Repeat for all peppers. Due to the complete mess this will make you may use a pastry bag with a open tip or a plastic bag with a corner cut out to squeeze out the cream cheese onto the peppers.
When all peppers are complete sprinkle the remaining rub over the top of the cream cheese.
Take one piece of raw bacon and completely wrap the pepper with the bacon. Using thin bacon is important because it will stretch to cover the pepper best.
Use a toothpick to secure the bacon.
Once all peppers are ready move them to a rack and place them in the preheated smoker on the second rack down. Apply your favorite smoke until the bacon is fully cooked and the peppers are soft. This usually takes 1 1/2-2 1/2 hrs depending if you are cooking other food items.
I like to cook them on high if possible so the bacon will be crisper. Remove when done and serve hot.

My peppers I picked the other day.

Made some ABT's today from the peppers I picked the other day. Love these things but hate making them as they are very time consuming.

My player lineup

A little extra love rub on top

Two hours of hickory and 1 hour of heat and they are done

The Money Shot
SmokenDevo
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:01 pm

They look superb. I keep meaning to make some, but so far I've never got around to it.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby Vindii » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:50 pm

Awesome!

Love ABT's
Vindii
Registered Member

Postby SmokenDevo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:23 am

Thanks guys
I should let you all know I did labeled the bacon wrong as it was pointed out by some smart a** american on one of the other smoker forums. I should have been labeled it "bacon bought in Canada" and not Canadian bacon.
Seems this fellow just wanted to cause sh*t so I blew him a kiss and said good night :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SmokenDevo
Registered Member

Postby Big Guy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:04 am

They look fantastic, the only thing I would change is to use an old cheddar instead of the cream cheese. :D

Ps. if you bought the bacon in Canada it has to be Canadian bacon. LOL
Big Guy
Registered Member

Return to Smoking and Barbecuing