Swede checking in

Introductions and chatter

Swede checking in

Postby arnkorv » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:37 am

Hey,

Great to such an active forum. I am from Sweden and we do not have a forum entirely devoted to sausages (yet!).
I have been doing my own sausages for a few years now. Having a sister who is married to a butcher really makes it easy to get your hands on some quality pieces.
I searched the forum for Swedish sausages and found this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10844&p=93221&hilit=swedish+sausages#p93221
I have myself done that receipt and I really like it. I do not feel entirely secure since I am new here to reveal my sausage receipts really yet. However I would like to start contribute with my receipt for "Swedish crisp bread". Crisp bread really boosts the musty flavors of the wurst in my opinion. The sausage above together with crisp bread and some mustard, mm!

1 1/3 cups rye flour (my preferred) or wheat flour
3/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2-4 tablespoons butter, less is more crispy.
1/3 cup milk. Add a lil more if you reduced on butter.

Mix all the dry ingredients and cut down the butter. Gradually add milk and stir till a good consistence. "Lagom" as we say in Swedish (not too much, not too little) :)
Roll it our on a flat floured surface and cut it into pieces - I like stripes. Bake it on a lightly greased pan for 6-7 minutes on 275-300c. Let it cool.

I have my own website (under construction) whereas you can read more about Swedish sausages: http://xn--kpakorv-90a.se/?page_id=8 but you will have to translate it. I have not yet had time to go "international". Here you can read more about my mustard, onion, pepper and my speciality - Lapplands wurst.

Hope to see you around!
//Arne
arnkorv
Newly Registered

Re: Swede checking in

Postby NCPaul » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:36 pm

Welcome to the forum. :D We've had a couple of Swedish sausage recipes posted, prinskorv and falukorv. We look forward to any recipes you care to share.
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Re: Swede checking in

Postby yotmon » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:34 pm

Hi Arnkorv, thanks for the crisp bread recipe and welcome to the forum.

Yotmon.
"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill
yotmon
Registered Member

Return to Chatter