Rusk

Introductions and chatter

Rusk

Postby jenny_haddow » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:22 pm

Thought I would pass this on, it may be useful for UK sausage makers. I needed to make some sausages today, but discovered I'd almost run out of rusk. No time to make some, so had a rummage in the cupboard and found a 400gr packet of Polish breadcrumbs that I had bought in Tesco on a buy one get one free offer for 90ish pence. It works very well and saved the day for me. Here's the details...... Brand Prymat, name in Polish is Bulka Tarta. If you have an eastern European section in your Tesco it's lurking there.
Could be useful.

Jen
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Re: Rusk

Postby yotmon » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:53 pm

Thanks for that Jen. The last rusk I made didn't turn out too well, wouldn't absorb the water at all. I'll see if my local sells it and give it a try.
"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill
yotmon
Registered Member

Postby welsh wizard » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:46 am

Hi Jen

Thats a really good tip, thank you. If you get through a lot of rusk try

http://www.scobiesdirect.com/Products.a ... teria=rusk

It is a great product (pinhead is the best for me) and I use it in pies, pasties and sausages / sausage rolls and I know of one person who puts it in their casseroles. A very versatile product.

Hope you are keeping well

Cheers WW
Only those who go too far know how far they can go TSE
welsh wizard
Registered Member

Postby jenny_haddow » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:42 am

Thanks for that WW, their 5kg bag looks like a good deal for my needs. Scobies are a good company, they used to have special deals on variety packs of mixes for sausages, pies, burgers etc., fun to experiment with.

Jen
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Return to Chatter