New Smoker -- or Junk man leaveth, now junk man taketh

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

New Smoker -- or Junk man leaveth, now junk man taketh

Postby montanaSalami » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Old couple down the street had enough. Just about giving things away, for mere pennies before fleeing to Billings. I looked while the last day sale was going on, and missed this one. Now it's a grab fest. It's all just sitting there for the taking.

This old all steel fridge is to be converted into a smoker for the big jobs. As of now my Andouille Sausages or Pepperoni Chubs lay on racks and drip on each other. It will be nice to get them all hanging.

I'm hoping to do my research and begin this soon and have it completed by the end of September. It would be nice to get in a last big smoke (before the snow comes) on a very large Thanksgiving Day Turkey.

montanaSalami
Registered Member

Re: New Smoker -- or Junk man leaveth, now junk man taketh

Postby DanMcG » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:54 pm

Nice score, that will clean up nice!
DanMcG
Registered Member

Postby RodinBangkok » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:38 am

I might suggest you keep those cast logo's on the front and the ice doors on the inside if you decide to take them off. The logos can be of some value to the right buyer one day. Also the door handle, and don't forget those old types are not magnetic door so make sure no little kids can have access to it.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
_____

Rod
RodinBangkok
Registered Member

Postby montanaSalami » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:01 pm

I gutted it today and scrubbed at it a bit. It's looking good and it is a keeper. I need to do my research before beginning in earnest.

Yeah, I'm definitely keeping all the badges to keep it historically sincere. I've lots of irons in the fire, but this one is the hottest. I'm on a budget so that keeps my pace a slow crawl.
montanaSalami
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:29 pm

Sweet!
wheels
Global Moderator

Return to Beginners