BEEF CHEEKS

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

BEEF CHEEKS

Postby Odin » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:58 pm

I picked up my pork belly today and came across some beef cheeks. Haven’t a clue what to do with them. A little research needed. How about some suggestions you may have tried.
Odin
Registered Member

Re: BEEF CHEEKS

Postby Odin » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:36 pm

I went with an Italian recipe I found. Braised cheeks with wine, garlic, and the standard mirepoix. In the crock pot now for tomorrow’s dinner.
Odin
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:41 pm

Sorry, I missed this. Good call, low and slow is the way to go. It makes the best gravy!

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby sevorg » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:19 am

Interesting, we picked some up a couple of weeks ago and went down the Italian route also. This is the recipe we followed and it was excellent https://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/br ... e-di-manzo

And the great thing is there was so much of it we froze around four portions for some luxury "ready meals"

Tom
sevorg
Registered Member

Postby Odin » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:31 pm

Sevorg

I will be eating them tonight. The house smells wonderful. I only purchased a small package to try. Only $2.58 per pound not a bad deal. There is a bit of waste though. My dogs loved the waste so I quess they isnt any waste after all.
Odin
Registered Member

Return to Beginners