Lucas Ingredients in the USA

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Lucas Ingredients in the USA

Postby pforkes » Sat May 05, 2018 8:01 pm

I live in the USA and am looking to make my own bangers.

The one ingredient that I do not have is the sausage seasoning and I am looking to get Lucas Ingredients Flavourseal Masterchoice.

Does anyone have any experience of where it can be bought in the USA or how to get it through customs to the USA?

Thanks.
pforkes
Registered Member

Re: Lucas Ingredients in the USA

Postby crustyo44 » Sun May 06, 2018 4:46 pm

I don't know anything about US Quarantine/Bio Security regulations but I live in Australia where we have the strictest regulations on earth. Spices/seasonings can be brought in without any restrictions IF you can show who is the manufacturer and country of origin. Mind you all the seasonings need to be ground up, in original packaging. Anything opened is a big No No!!! An original invoice is helpful as well.
Jan.
crustyo44
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Sun May 06, 2018 8:14 pm

It says that it's a peppery mix. If you can't get it, My 'every day' sounds similar, but without the msg and preservative. A recipe for it is here:

http://www.localfoodheroes.co.uk/?e=133

I recall it being popular among forum members at one time.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby BriCan » Mon May 14, 2018 9:27 am

pforkes wrote:I live in the USA and am looking to make my own bangers.

The one ingredient that I do not have is the sausage seasoning and I am looking to get Lucas Ingredients Flavourseal Masterchoice.

Does anyone have any experience of where it can be bought in the USA or how to get it through customs to the USA?

Thanks.

Not sure about the USA but I have brought it into Canada with no problem ... find a source (UK) that is willing to ship it to you (it's a 15kg pail) and do the paperwork yourself with customs
But what do I know
BriCan
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies