A Weekend With Brican

Introductions and chatter

A Weekend With Brican

Postby Shuswap » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:52 pm

About 15 of us had a blast this past weekend attending a demonstration workshop with Brican We watched him break down two sides applying his expert knife skills. Working at de-boning with so little meat left on the bone and not leaving behind slashes for little beasties to develop will be a challenge but I’m up to it. Yesterday it was cold and rainy so to keep us excited about what was to come we enjoyed a breakfast featuring a few of his bacons followed by sampling a variety of his charcuterie treats. We finished up watching him prepare a batch of his leak and blue cheese sausage before it hit the bbq for another excellent taste treat. It was great to have you visit the BC Interior Robert – hope you had as much fun as we all did.
Shuswap
Registered Member

Re: A Weekend With Brican

Postby DanMcG » Tue May 01, 2018 9:32 am

Sounds like a good time.
DanMcG
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Tue May 01, 2018 6:15 pm

He's a very generous man - both with his time, sharing his knowledge, and sharing his food.

I'm sure it was a great weekend.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby badjak » Wed May 02, 2018 5:48 am

I am jealous!!!!!

Great to hear you had a good time.
I have read a lot of Brican's post and they are always very informative!
Life is too short to drink bad wine
badjak
Registered Member

Postby BriCan » Mon May 14, 2018 8:52 am

Shuswap wrote:About 15 of us had a blast this past weekend attending a demonstration workshop with Brican We watched him break down two sides applying his expert knife skills. Working at de-boning with so little meat left on the bone and not leaving behind slashes for little beasties to develop will be a challenge but I’m up to it. Yesterday it was cold and rainy so to keep us excited about what was to come we enjoyed a breakfast featuring a few of his bacons followed by sampling a variety of his charcuterie treats. We finished up watching him prepare a batch of his leak and blue cheese sausage before it hit the bbq for another excellent taste treat. It was great to have you visit the BC Interior Robert – hope you had as much fun as we all did.

It was a truly great weekend Phil and great to meet you at long last :D

Two sides of a 300 lb dressed Duroc ... one side as a regular/domestic cut and the other for Charcuterie. This I hope will be the first of many teaching sessions to be held on the farm, we are looking to expand the program which will include sausage making, (proper) bacon and hams, along with a Charcuterie course ... there was talk about a Pie session as someone let the cat out the bag about my Pork pies :lol:

Fun was had by all and that included my wife as she is not into this .. you will be seeing me more up your end Phil as I will have some small jobs for you to help me with
But what do I know
BriCan
Registered Member

Postby BriCan » Mon May 14, 2018 8:53 am

wheels wrote:He's a very generous man - both with his time, sharing his knowledge, and sharing his food.

I'm sure it was a great weekend.

Phil

I know it's a long shot ....... but ....

I will be home for a visit very soon
But what do I know
BriCan
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Mon May 14, 2018 12:21 pm

If I can get rid of these problems that are keeping me on bed rest, we'll have that pint together.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby Shuswap » Mon May 14, 2018 1:07 pm

[Fun was had by all and that included my wife as she is not into this .. you will be seeing me more up your end Phil as I will have some small jobs for you to help me with[/quote]

Bring it on Robert :)
Shuswap
Registered Member

Return to Chatter