Mincer Equipment Oppourtunity at LIDL

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Mincer Equipment Oppourtunity at LIDL

Postby _Darkstream_ » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:15 am

For anyone thinking of buying a mincer/stuffer, LIDL are offering a 550 watt chopping/mincing machine for �29.99 from December 2 2004.

They are only likely to be available for a week.

The brand name is " bifinett" (eastern european??), and caries a 3 year manufacturer's warranty.

_Darkstream_
Registered Member

Postby Fatman » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:27 am

Sounds a good deal!

Just a word of caution, ask if the cogs are plastic if the answer is yes then forget it as they are not man enough for the job described.

Mind you 3 year gaurantee sounds good.

Well spotted Darkstream.

Regards

Fatman
Fatman
Registered Member

Postby aris » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:14 pm

Where did you see that? It's not on their web page (yet).
aris
Site Admin

Postby deb » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:13 pm

Just like to add to this that I went to Lidl today - don't go often as I don't live anywhere near one - and they had a slicer for around �35. Again, not sure of the quality but someone might be interested.
deb
Registered Member

Postby aris » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:58 pm

Electric or manual?
aris
Site Admin

Postby _Darkstream_ » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:03 pm

For the gears, you will have to look on the box or (as I frequently do) take it apart in the shop. Or rely on suing them later. NO ONE at LIDL will be able to answer a question like "are the gears metal, brass, etc". With LIDL it is CAVEAT EMPTOR, CAVEAT EMPTOR, and CAVEAT EMPTOR. That is why I refrain from buying high tech stuff from them, ESPECIALLY computer stuff, cameras, televisions etc. A lot of it is east europe (SHOULD have spares and service) and the rest PRC. So be careful. But people do buy it. So I wonder......

BUT they do have some good deals on some things VERY cheap. I am buying clothes mostly from them, because I am loosing weight, and at the end of the day (since I have to go down at least 2 sizes) I can throw it all away and not loose very much, if at all. They seem very good value for the price.

Good pork products, noisettes, and no fat eye bacon, pineapples and other oddments. The wine is uniformly a disaster area, but the German Schwaben Brau pilsner is good cold and a LOT cheaper than Nastro Azzuro (our blue??).

The slicer is elctric, they may have a few left. Think it is bifinet too.

Where I saw it: When you shop at LIDL they have a free colour handout atthe checkout of the products that will be coming into the shop in the next week. It is in there. (may not be in all parts of the country, even in SE different LIDLS get different stock).

_Darkstream_
Registered Member

Postby Wilf » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:06 pm

Good old Lidl!!!!! they have some great products, whole german salami for �1-89, all the meat and sliced cheese are good, even got a decent axe last time....looked a bit strange in the groceries
Wilf
Registered Member

Postby _Darkstream_ » Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:24 pm

I just bought a fast battery recharger from LIDL, which also contained 8x2000 mah
Nickel Metalhydride AA batteries in recharger packs, �10 altogether. You could
pay that just for the batteries in the UK.

BUT it also had a three year warranty, and there was a UK service agent appointed,
somewhere in the Midlands. SO.....it looks like the higher tech stuff and the mincer
will not only have a guarantee, but one exercisable in the UK (as well as about 16
other countries).

So it may WELL be worth considering.

_Darkstream_
Registered Member

Postby Spuddy » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:57 pm

@ Darkstream

Nastro Azurro = Blue Ribbon
Spuddy
Site Admin

Postby _Darkstream_ » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:36 pm

_Darkstream_
Registered Member

Postby deb » Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:01 am

Looked at your links Darkstream. Anyone seen the Ice-Crusher for sale, I fancy one of those.
deb
Registered Member

Postby _Darkstream_ » Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:53 pm

I have only been Lidling seriously for about 3 months, since I was diagnosed and realised the oppourtunities.

I would guess that the ice crusher was sometime in the early summer. It does not mean they will not do it again, but Lidl do not take prisoners.

Look out for it again next year.

Does anyone know if there is a LIDL department store somewhere that actually stocks all this stuff? Seems unlikely considering their business plan (i.e "informed plunder").

Be lucky Deb.

I made the pepperoni sausage.

No smoking, just stuffed in the freezer. But have to lose some more weight before I try it in a pizza.

I will let you know the results when I do.

_Darkstream_
Registered Member

Lidl Mincer

Postby robin » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:34 pm

I bought one of these earlier this week. It seems reasonably robust. For �29.99 with a 3 year guarantee I think it's worth taking a chance. I'm going to have a go at my first sausages as soon as the stuff I've ordered from Franco- Casings etc get here.
robin
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies