I've made them!

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

I've made them!

Postby Diann » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:13 am

Well! I just finished making the sausages. They are in the fridge, happily "blooming". Taste test comes tomorrow. I hope they turn out OK. I did have a bit of a debacle with the casings. I put the opening over the nozzel and then put the nozzel to the tap and turned it on. With that, half the casings shot out of the bowl and went down the sink! Also, there was a hole in the casings and I had to cut that out (as it were!).

I filled the casings by myself. Just kept the kenwood on speed 3 and held the filled casing till it reached the bench. Then I just supported it at the nozzel. I did get a bit exhuberant, trying to smooth it out to make it a uniform size and broke it, but I just kind of rolled it around a bit and disregarded the break!

Shall report back after cooking. Thanks everyone for all your help. If these turn out OK, I'm going to make the garlic ones next.

Diann
Diann
Registered Member

Postby Oddley » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:03 pm

So success Diann well done. Can't wait to hear the taste report.
Oddley
Registered Member

Return to Beginners