Finding Sausage Casings and Seasonings in Thailand ?

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Finding Sausage Casings and Seasonings in Thailand ?

Postby Becks » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:21 am

Still looking without success any info in finding a supplier for Sausage Skins and Seasonings mix in Thailand please.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Becks in Pattaya
Becks
Registered Member

Postby johnfb » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:06 am

Were these no help to you...perhaps Lance might be able to give you suppliers in your area, although he gets his stuff from Oz.

http://forum.sausagemaking.org/viewtopi ... ght=#33587

http://forum.sausagemaking.org/viewtopic.php?t=4161
johnfb
Global Moderator

Postby Lance Yeoh » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:29 am

johnfb wrote:Were these no help to you...perhaps Lance might be able to give you suppliers in your area, although he gets his stuff from Oz.

http://forum.sausagemaking.org/viewtopi ... ght=#33587

http://forum.sausagemaking.org/viewtopic.php?t=4161

I can only help if he comes to Malaysia to pick up the supplies which I agree might not be the cheapest option either. Sending casings and stuff of animal origins out of the country is a pain in the behind due to the mountain of paperwork involved. I'm sure there are casing importers in Thailand but unfortunately I do not know of any. :oops:
Lance Yeoh
Registered Member

Re: Finding Sausage Casings and Seasonings in Thailand ?

Postby debovy46 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:46 am

:roll: Dear sirs, we are one of the biggest suppliers of natural casings in China. If you are interested in any casings, hog or sheep casings, please feel free to contact me. Contacting by email is better.
debovy46
Newly Registered

Postby laonth » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:43 am

hi beck I live near ch am, you can get casings in any local market, order them the day before you need them , I order 2 days before. go to a pork lady and ask for "MOO SIGH, NUGN KILO " make sure they have been washed, ones you wash yourself here are 30baht a kilo, washed ones are 50 baht a kilo.

buy salt in a pink bag from the market, pour a half a cup into the sink and wash the skins inside and out, rinse well squeeze all liquid out, turn inside out pat dry, then turn back to outside pat dry, and make your sausages.

good luck.

laura
laonth
Newly Registered

sausage seasonings

Postby laonth » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:17 am

hi beck, seasonings are hard to come by here, I get as many differant herbs as possible in the hypermarkets, and mix my own, you can also get, preservative to prolong the shelf life in a bakers supply, but tell them it is for meat, 4grms per kilo.

basic recipe, 1kg pork leg/loin
500 grams fat rind removed
5grams salt
5grams black pepper.
5 grams sage
5 grams oregano
200 grams bread crumbs [ markrt, 60baht kilo]
200 ml cold water.

herbs are locally available from makro, big C, tesco's.

coarsely mince meat fat, mix in herbs, bread crumbs, water,
put through fine mincer.
if you want a cumberland type sausage add 5grms nutmeg. mix well and stuff, don't finely mince.

mix is now ready for stuffing, make sausages, link and put in fridge for one day to rest and mature,

cook slowly delicious. best of luck laura.

ps try dry curing bacon, delicious, much better than thai bacon little shrinkage.
laonth
Newly Registered

Re:

Postby jpalvin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:20 pm

Lance Yeoh wrote:
johnfb wrote:Were these no help to you...perhaps Lance might be able to give you suppliers in your area, although he gets his stuff from Oz.

viewtopic.php?p=33587&highlight=#33587

viewtopic.php?t=4161

I can only help if he comes to Malaysia to pick up the supplies which I agree might not be the cheapest option either. Sending casings and stuff of animal origins out of the country is a pain in the behind due to the mountain of paperwork involved. I'm sure there are casing importers in Thailand but unfortunately I do not know of any. :oops:

Hi Lance, I'm JP Alvin from Malaysia too. I was wondering on where to get these casings in Malaysia. Could you PM me please. Thanking you in advance :)
jpalvin
Newly Registered

Return to Equipment & Supplies