Saying hello

Introductions and chatter

Saying hello

Postby Oddley » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:30 pm

Hi Guys, I've just filled in an order form for a sausage stuffer. I'm really fed up with the Kenwood chef it's great as a mincer but leaves something to be desired as a sausage stuffer I keep getting black heat contaminated meat around the spindle.

I've been making sausages by guesswork for about a year now and seem to be getting the hang of it and producing something near a good sausage now.

Thank goodness I found this site I've been searching for it for a year. Like many of you I make my meals from scratch (Bread ETC.) unlike a lot of you I live in the middle of London. I've noticed a lot of farmers on here so I can take advantage of you (not in a sexual sense) Only joking... :lol:

What I do mean is farmers know a lot about food production and when I need advice what a bank of knowledge there is to call upon.

Anyway this post is a way to introduce myself cheers M8s.
Oddley
Registered Member

Postby Spuddy » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:40 pm

I know what you mean about the Kenwood, I have one and for a while used the sausage making attachment untill I noticed the black stuff. I also found it difficult to make a coarse textured sausage as it seems to over-macerate the meat as it goes through the screw feeder.

Anyway, welcome! :D
Spuddy
Site Admin

Return to Chatter