Fun with meat glue!

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Fun with meat glue!

Postby big_onion » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:51 pm

I'm not much for really pimping out my own blog, but this was a fun little series of experiments I did with transglutaminase (meat glue) that I thought you guys might get a good laugh out of.

The Möbius Skirt Steak

1 / (Shepherd's π) (Inverted Shepherd's Pie)

I've got another post coming up where I try some meat noodles (which also failed), but I need to hopefully have a successful run with shrimp noodles (as in "noodles made of shrimp"). I only have a little of this meat glue left, so I need to make sure it works!

Anyway, thought you'd get a kick out of it! (And if you feel the urge to reply and go on about how dangerous transglutaminase, don't expect any reply from me. I've studied up on the stuff enough to know it's safe, and I'm still standing after ingesting a good amount of it.)
big_onion
Registered Member

Postby Ianinfrance » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:32 pm

How do you keep it usable? Vac pack and freezer?
All the best - Ian
"The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching." c. 2800 BC
Ianinfrance
Registered Member

Postby big_onion » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Ianinfrance wrote:How do you keep it usable? Vac pack and freezer?

As long as it stays frozen it's stays good. I only have a small amount left in a small Ziploc bag. It doesn't necessarily have to be vac packed.

Have you used it before?
big_onion
Registered Member

Return to Cookery in general