Dont try this....it might kill you!

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Dont try this....it might kill you!

Postby Dingo » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi All,
As noted above...you shouldn't try this....i felt my arteries hardening and blood pressure raising just making it!....Definately need antacids after eating it!
Anyway, my wife is an ER nurse, so I often find myself at home cooking for one. I was inspired by Cowgirl's Country Life blog;

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2011/06/fried-potato-and-smoked-ham-fattie-on.html

She call's hers a fattie...so it follow's that mine is a Skinny since it is only for one. Here's how it goes;

Rolled out some ginger and sage sausage into a sandwich bag;

Layed out some home made bourbon bacon;

Cut the sausage out of the bag and layed it on the bacon;

I got carried away and forgot to photo the filling. I used some baked potato, roast chicken and cheese. You could use anything.

Roll it;

Wrap it;

Bake it at 400 for 45 mins;

I'm sure i've just taken years of my life, but the flavor was excellent. I would put this in the "eat once a year" catagory...so next year I'll try some different filling mixtures. :D
Let's see.....sausage, bacon, cheese, chicken, potato...that's all the major food groups covered :shock: Dont try this at home kids!
Dingo
Registered Member

Postby grisell » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:19 pm

So, what's wrong? I don't get it. :?
André

I have a simple taste - I'm always satisfied with the best.
grisell
Registered Member

Postby Vindii » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:24 pm

Looks good. I've been making these for a year or so now. They are great smoked too.
Vindii
Registered Member

Postby tommix » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:47 pm

Andre,

I just think that Dingo is saying if you make a steady diet of this that your arteries would clog, your heart would do a flip flop and you would keel over. And then your spouse would be making Haggis out of your innards!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim
tommix
Registered Member

Postby BriCan » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:09 am

tommix wrote:Andre,

I just think that Dingo is saying if you make a steady diet of this that your arteries would clog, your heart would do a flip flop and you would keel over. And then your spouse would be making Haggis out of your innards!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim

Taste of bacon :shock:

a good thing :?:
But what do I know
BriCan
Registered Member

Return to Cookery in general