Maynard Davies Books?

Maynard Davies Books?

Postby JerBear » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:00 am

I just ordered the Manual of a Traditional Bacon Curer but noticed that there were two other titles, Secrets of a Bacon Curer and Adventures of a Bacon Curer. Does anyone have any experience with all three books and could tell me what one has that the other's don't?
JerBear
Registered Member

Postby vagreys » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 am

The manual is recipes and discussion. The other two are autobiographical stories. Relaxing, easy read, and a lot of food for thought.
- tom

Don't tell me the odds.

You have the power to donate life
vagreys
Site Admin

Postby JerBear » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:24 am

Looks like I made the right purchase on this go 'round and I'll look at getting the other two in the future. Thanks!
JerBear
Registered Member

Postby vagreys » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:08 pm

The other two books have recipes in the stories, some of which appear in the manual, and some of which don't, and some of which are described techniques without actual recipes. All worthwhile reading.
- tom

Don't tell me the odds.

You have the power to donate life
vagreys
Site Admin

Re: Maynard Davies Books?

Postby Sojourn » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:16 pm

I really like Maynards books, the comfort in his writing and the discomfort in him posing for photos always brings a smile to my face :D
Sojourn
Registered Member

Re: Maynard Davies Books?

Postby Ruralidle » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:51 am

I particularly enjoyed Maynard's first book (unhelpfully, I can't remember which one it is now) but it was full of good stories and an intriguing insight into the man himself. I was lucky enough to be a customer of his for a good few years before he retired and the book clearly reflected the character of the man I knew. Sure as heck not someone to cross but really pleasant to those who genuinely appreciated his skills and produce :) .
Ruralidle
Registered Member

Return to Books,videos,manuals etc.