Electric mincer - recommendations and suggestions wanted

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Electric mincer - recommendations and suggestions wanted

Postby PreserveIt! » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:24 am

Hi all, help needed please. I've been using a kitchenaid mincer/ stuffer attachment and have got so frustrated with the stuffer side that I've ordered a Pro- v 5 L from Franco and am hoping to have it by the end of the month when Franco re-stocks. Now I'm thinking that I should really get a dedicated mincer too when I can afford to. I'm expecting to be mincing occasional batches of no more than 2-3 kg at a time. Superficially all the machines look pretty similar in the shiny advert photos and I'm not really sure what I'm looking for or how much I need to pay for reasonable quality so I'd be grateful for any inputs from the expert users on this excellent forum. What size and specifications should I be looking for? Any good questions to be asking suppliers? Any recommendations for particular machines?

Many thanks

Martin
PreserveIt!
Registered Member

Re: Electric mincer - recommendations and suggestions wanted

Postby SteveW » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:09 am

I bought one from Northern Tool a few months ago and can't fault it. I think it was about £109 delivered. I also have the 3L version of the Pro V stuffer, it's great. Just remember to make a mental note of which way up the seal goes :roll:
SteveW
Registered Member

Re: Electric mincer - recommendations and suggestions wanted

Postby PreserveIt! » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:22 pm

Thanks Steve, I've got that one on top of my list. Martin
PreserveIt!
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies